European Juggling Convention 2006

Old November 9th 05, 04:48 PM
stephenmcginley

Default European Juggling Convention 2006

JC Events proudly presents:

The 29th European Juggling Convention
www.ejc2006.net

Dates: July 9th - 15th 2006 (inclusive)
(Takedown day is 16th)

Location:

Green Glens Arena,
Millstreet,
Co Cork,
Ireland

For EJC Ireland 2006, we have secured the use of the largest indoor
hall in Ireland, with plenty of fields for tents, camping and fun, all
on the same site. We realise that the dates are significantly earlier
than many of you were expecting, but if we held the EJC in August, as
in previous years, we would be unable to use a site of this quality.
Our priority is to deliver a great convention, and that is what we are
concentrating on doing!

For Unicyclists there are many forest trails nearby.

For more information about the convention, travelling to and around
Ireland, and volunteering at the convention, see our website:
http://www.ejc2006.net which will be updated regularly. Photos, maps
and facilities of the site will be posted soon.

Please direct any questions or comments to

We look forward to seeing you all here!

Slán,

Stephen.

the EJC Ireland 2006 Team
(JC Events).

--
stephenmcginley
stephenmcginley's Profile:

Old November 9th 05, 05:50 PM
GILD

stephenmcginley wrote:
...we have secured the use of the largest indoor hall in Ireland...

Yeah, 'looks' (http://www.ejc2006.net/thevenue/HallViewFromCenter.htm)
like you could squeeze in a UniHoki game or two.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old November 9th 05, 05:57 PM
andyparry

GILD wrote:
Yeah, 'looks' (http://www.ejc2006.net/thevenue/HallViewFromCenter.htm)
like you could squeeze in a UniHoki game or two.

and when team EMU beat you guys, will spell it UniHockey?

--
andyparry
andyparry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8106

Old November 11th 05, 02:18 PM
GILD

I'd hate to see a thread like this drop off the front page quite as
quickly as this so I figured I'd give it a bit of a bump with the news
that Andy's "Spelling Challenge Grudge Match" suggestion seem to have
awoken SA UniHokieers from their post-winter slumber.
While we don't have any final confirmations yet, we have four players
'most probably there' along with our coach and manager (who wants us to
lose cause he hates the way we (ok, I) spell UniHoki).

Early indications are that you, sir, are on.

Old November 11th 05, 02:30 PM
phil

GILD wrote:

While we don't have any final confirmations yet, we have four players
'most probably there' along with our coach and manager (who wants us to
lose cause he hates the way we (ok, I) spell UniHoki).

Yourself included?

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old November 11th 05, 02:33 PM
andyparry

we'll the rest of the EMU guys hold me in such high esteam, and
constantly
remind me of how great I am and bask in my effervescent glory...
so i imagine if i say 'YEAH, you're on' they will follow their
illustrious leader
into battle.

So

YEAH, you're on!

Old November 11th 05, 02:34 PM
GILD

I'm in the 'most probable' category. I'm applying for the leave today
and will start looking at doing more uni-/juggling gigs to save for the
airfare. Worst case scenario, I know of one credit card that is going
to take some strain.
I'm not the world's keenest camper, so I'll have to do a couple of
extra gigs to be able to afford something with solid walls and a roof.

andyparry wrote:
so i imagine if i say 'YEAH, you're on' they will follow their
illustrious leader into battle.

And if they don't, we can always just find a pub and go write lyrics to
a folk-song about the epic game.
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to drinking Guinness in
Ireland.
Hell, I may even juggle while I'm there.

Old November 11th 05, 02:40 PM
Roger Light

GILD wrote:

I'd hate to see a thread like this drop off the front page quite as
quickly as this so I figured I'd give it a bit of a bump with the news
that Andy's "Spelling Challenge Grudge Match" suggestion seem to have
awoken SA UniHokieers from their post-winter slumber.
While we don't have any final confirmations yet, we have four players
'most probably there' along with our coach and manager (who wants us to
lose cause he hates the way we (ok, I) spell UniHoki).

Excellent. I think I should be going and I bet we can get plenty of the
others to go as well.

I would say that I'm not afraid, but since you posted that picture I am

Roger
Old November 11th 05, 06:26 PM
DarkTom

Unicycling on the Giants Causeway would be uber-cool.

Hmmmmmm..........

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Old November 15th 05, 10:24 AM
GILD

stephenmcginley wrote:
we have secured the use of the largest indoor hall in Ireland

As opposed to those pesky 'outdoor halls'?
bump