Yakima Roof Rack with Civic 2004 EX Sunroof?

Old May 9th 04, 08:54 PM
jon kyle pula

Default Yakima Roof Rack with Civic 2004 EX Sunroof?

Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack on a '04 Civic
with a sunroof?

I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the sunroof to open
correctly with the rack on. Is this true?

We'll only be hauling bikes.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old May 11th 04, 04:19 AM
Chris

"jon kyle pula" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack on a '04 Civic
with a sunroof?

I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the sunroof to open
correctly with the rack on. Is this true?

We'll only be hauling bikes.

Thanks,
Kyle

Not to sound terse, but email Yakima customer service. They'll get back to
you in 2-3 hours, and no one would know more about it.

Look, I even found you the addy:

Hope it works. FWIW, I've never set up a Yakima rack that didn't have over
2 inches between roof and rail. I've prob installed 30-40.

Chris

Old May 12th 04, 03:49 AM
Mudhead

On Mon, 10 May 2004 23:19:20 -0400, "Chris"
wrote:

"jon kyle pula" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack on a '04 Civic
with a sunroof?

I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the sunroof to open
correctly with the rack on. Is this true?

We'll only be hauling bikes.

Thanks,
Kyle

Is the EX the coupe model in the US?

I have the coupe here in Canada with the sunroof, Honda here calls it
the SI here. I went with stretch kit as recommended by Yakima. I
have plenty of room for the sunroof to open. I can see where the
crossbar may interfere with the operation of the sunroof without the
stretch kit.

Mudhead

remove HANDCUFFS to reply

rear hitch bike rack curt General 12 March 18th 04 09:55 PM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Bicycle Rack Mishaps? NYRides General 105 December 7th 03 03:42 PM