Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 27th 18, 04:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

rbowman wrote
Rod Speed wrote

That comes down to how soon they pulp them, not how much use they get.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/...aper-money.htm

They figure 5.8 years for $1s. I'm surprised that $10s are lower. The ATMs
dispense $20s

Interesting. Ours are much more fancy, they
allow you to say what you want notes wise.

One of the chain self checkouts used to just
dispense $20s here and I used that for that
reason instead of an ATM but they have
changed those now and they don't let you
specify what you want, it works that out
for you so you can still get $20s by specifying
you want $40, but you get $50s if you say
you want $50 or $100 etc. That chain has
now closed their store in my town now so
I have to use the other self checkouts.

so I seldom have a $10 very long. Maybe that's what keeps them in play.

Yeah, likely.

Old September 27th 18, 04:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/26/2018 12:55 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
piece). They never have taken off.

https://youtu.be/TV5ztdWx56I

Now that's a blast from the past... The part I try to forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqhzl0SIEU

Dave and Sugar were a little more upbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4WyO6TK424

Emmylou wasn't as poppy.
Old September 27th 18, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard Alert!

On 9/26/18 9:36 PM, The Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 20:36:03 +1200, Peter Keller, the notorious gay
troll-lover, blathered again:

Not with some of my accounts.

By everyone's account you are a senile pest, senile Rot! G

Liar.

Not at all, you senile troll-lover!

Yes you are.
Look up the meaning of "everyone".
Old September 27th 18, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/26/2018 09:02 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
One of the chain self checkouts used to just
dispense $20s here and I used that for that
reason instead of an ATM but they have
changed those now and they don't let you
specify what you want, it works that out
for you so you can still get $20s by specifying
you want $40, but you get $50s if you say
you want $50 or $100 etc. That chain has
now closed their store in my town now so
I have to use the other self checkouts.

I'll have to pay more attention the next time. I think you can specify a
number but the selection menu is in $20 increments. The max on the menu
is $200, or sometimes $100 at the smaller kiosks in markets.

I've got the feeling if you said you wanted $57 the machine would make
impolite remarks. Maybe not, since the self service checkouts can make
change with smaller bills. I never thought about it. I just grab $200
and go.

Old September 27th 18, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:39:50 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 9/8/2018 5:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So you *******s aren't green at all.

Only things bike riders overtake are pedestrians.

p.s. Real men don't ride bicycles, which are for sissies and kids.

Indeed.
Old September 27th 18, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I'm about to try them all now because I have always
preferred to have $20 notes for the garage/yard sales. $50s
can be a real hassle, particularly given that we show up
at the garage/yard sales before anyone else and hardly
any ensure that they have lots of change. I prefer to use
the self checkouts rather than ATMs just because you
don't normally have to queue for the self checkouts
and there is no chance of a skimmer on the self checkout.

Old September 28th 18, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 04:06:52 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/26/2018 12:55 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
piece). They never have taken off.

https://youtu.be/TV5ztdWx56I

Now that's a blast from the past... The part I try to forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqhzl0SIEU

Dave and Sugar were a little more upbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4WyO6TK424

Emmylou wasn't as poppy.

I listened to a few alternatives before I posted the original. I hated them all. Too strong an American accent and just didn't sound right.

Normally the original is always best, but in this case I prefer Disturbed's version to the Simon and Garfunkel Original of "Sound of Silence":
https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4
https://youtu.be/L-JQ1q-13Ek

And Rod Stewart equals Creedance Clearwater Revival's "Have you seen the rain":
https://youtu.be/2oX2FSv4Rys
https://youtu.be/Gu2pVPWGYMQ
Old September 28th 18, 02:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/27/2018 06:24 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I listened to a few alternatives before I posted the original. I hated
them all. Too strong an American accent and just didn't sound right.

You're probably not ready for the guy who wrote the song then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMuQTN7Xo4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15thKUEECQ

Believe it or not, Silverstein also wrote childrens' books.

Normally the original is always best, but in this case I prefer
Disturbed's version to the Simon and Garfunkel Original of "Sound of
Silence":

I like Disturbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4382UVl0oc

That's from their album that comes out next month.
Old September 28th 18, 03:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/27/2018 06:24 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I listened to a few alternatives before I posted the original. I hated
them all. Too strong an American accent and just didn't sound right.

You're probably not ready for the guy who wrote the song then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMuQTN7Xo4w

Not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15thKUEECQ

That's the PHucker's theme song.

Believe it or not, Silverstein also wrote childrens' books.

Not as ballsy as one of ours.

Old September 28th 18, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 9/27/18 10:06 PM, The Peeler wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:25:53 +1200, Peter Keller, the notorious gay
troll-lover, blathered again:

By everyone's account you are a senile pest, senile Rot! G

Liar.

Not at all, you senile troll-lover!

Yes you are.
Look up the meaning of "everyone".

Duh, right! I should have written by every intelligent person's account,
senile troll lover!

Yes I suppose I love senile trolls.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM