The Day Today

Old May 7th 04, 09:50 AM
Colin Blackburn

Default The Day Today

I got the DVDs of The Day Today and last night I watched the first few
programmes. In fact I had to force myself to go to bed rather than watch
the entire contents of the two DVDs. What's this got to do with cycling?
Well, the sport report from Alan Partridge in the very first programme
covers the TdF and it is very funny (if you like that sort of thing.) I
won't witter on like a Pythonesque quotathon but I will recommend it to
anyone who didn't see the series back in 1994.

As an aside to cycling but on a common theme here the traffic report in a
later programme warns speeding motorists that police snipers are operting
from bridges and that speeding drivers will be shot in the chin.

Colin
Old May 7th 04, 04:29 PM
Simon Mason

"Colin Blackburn" wrote in message
news

I got the DVDs of The Day Today and last night I watched the first few
programmes. In fact I had to force myself to go to bed rather than watch
the entire contents of the two DVDs.

Didn't the Morris bloke who made those get sacked for his spoof paedo show?
I remember The Day Today actually started out on BBC R 4 like all the best
comedy shows.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old May 7th 04, 06:28 PM
davek

Didn't the Morris bloke who made those get sacked for his spoof paedo
show?

Hardly - he went on to make Jam, parts of which made Brass Eye look prety
tame.

d.

Old May 7th 04, 06:41 PM
Simon Mason

"davek" wrote in message
Didn't the Morris bloke who made those get sacked for his spoof paedo

show?

Hardly - he went on to make Jam, parts of which made Brass Eye look prety
tame.

That must have been after I stopped watching TV, broadly speaking, barring
the odd footy match or old Beat Club and Musikladen reruns on German TV.
--
Simon M.

Old May 10th 04, 08:14 AM
Colin Blackburn

On Fri, 7 May 2004 18:41:24 +0100, Simon Mason
wrote:

"davek" wrote in message
Didn't the Morris bloke who made those get sacked for his spoof paedo

show?

He has been sacked for many things but that programme wasn't one of them.
I think he once filled a radio studio with helium.

Hardly - he went on to make Jam, parts of which made Brass Eye look
prety
tame.

That must have been after I stopped watching TV, broadly speaking,
barring
the odd footy match or old Beat Club and Musikladen reruns on German TV.

Jam started on the radio too, well on Radio One actually and I think it
was called Blue Jam. It was disturbing to fall asleep to but contained no
bicycles.

Colin