Don't you just love 'Accident Prevention' like this (OT)

Old January 8th 07, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Helen Deborah Vecht

Default Don't you just love 'Accident Prevention' like this (OT)

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 8th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Bennett

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote

Scttinsh [sic] drivers want deer culled...

"The Deer Commission for Scotland estimates that up to 10,000 deer are
killed every year on the roads."

Seems they've already started!

Old January 8th 07, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Helen Deborah Vecht writes:

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

We had a problem at work with people running over the rabbits on our
site at work (1.2 miles perimeter length so reasonably big and only a
few tame cats to keep the population down). The management got an
exterminator in who shot them with an air rifle. People were up in
arms about this terrible treatment of the fluffy ickle bunny rabbits.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old January 8th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just Visiting

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Maybe the deer should be wearing helmets.

Old January 9th 07, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Forcer

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:44, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

If someone pointed out that there has been (I believe) a fair degree
of success in reducing such collisions in the New Forest by applying a
blanket 40mph speed limit, perhaps drivers would make a lot less fuss
that "something should be done"?

--
Tim Forcer
The University of Southampton, UK

The University is not responsible for my opinions

Old January 9th 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BigRab

Tim Forcer wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:44, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

No problem, cull drivers..........
Robert

Old January 9th 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:44:04 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote this:-

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

Neil Greig, of the AA Motoring Trust in Scotland, has been called
"evil" by someone in an opposing group. That might be a bit strong,
but his ideas are always from the behind the windscreen viewpoint.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old January 9th 07, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Al C-F

Tim Forcer wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:44, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Scttinsh drivers want deer culled...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6237891.stm

If someone pointed out that there has been (I believe) a fair degree
of success in reducing such collisions in the New Forest by applying a
blanket 40mph speed limit, perhaps drivers would make a lot less fuss
that "something should be done"?

This was combined with fitting the animals with reflective sashes.
P'raps these scotch types need to festoon the antlers with fairy lights
so that the deer are easier to see.

Pant leg damage prevention Claire Petersky General 8 November 30th 05 04:56 PM
theft prevention question RB Techniques 17 September 11th 05 05:09 AM
Rust prevention Bob Wheeler Techniques 9 June 22nd 05 02:32 AM
Draft letter to Injury prevention Just zis Guy, you know? UK 32 June 21st 04 10:02 AM
Bearing Rust Prevention? chirokid Unicycling 5 September 9th 03 01:17 PM