Route advice - North of England

Old January 17th 05, 07:41 PM
Paul Young

Default Route advice - North of England

Hi, I wonder if nayone can help me. Following a successful C2C trip last
year, myself and some friends are looking for another similar route across
the north of England.
So far we are looking at something like:

First day - Grange over Sands to Penrith via Ambleside, Kirkstone pass and
Glenridding.
Second day - Penrith to Richmond, via Kirkby Stephen, Tan Hill Inn and
Arkengarthdale.
Third day - Richmond probably to Redcar (We all live on Teesside so we are
ok on this stretch).

Has anyone any advice on the details of such a route? Especially the climbs
up the Kirkstone pass and to the Tan Hill Inn?

Cheers

Paul Y

Old January 18th 05, 05:35 AM
Graham Bowers (Zen)

Paul Young wrote:

Hi, I wonder if nayone can help me. Following a successful C2C trip last
year, myself and some friends are looking for another similar route across
the north of England.
So far we are looking at something like:

First day - Grange over Sands to Penrith via Ambleside, Kirkstone pass and
Glenridding.
Second day - Penrith to Richmond, via Kirkby Stephen, Tan Hill Inn and
Arkengarthdale.
Third day - Richmond probably to Redcar (We all live on Teesside so we are
ok on this stretch).

Has anyone any advice on the details of such a route? Especially the climbs
up the Kirkstone pass and to the Tan Hill Inn?

Cheers

Paul Y

The b road from Ambleside to the top of the Kirkstone is known as "the
struggle".............. Don't let it put you off though, a good one to do.
Graham
Old January 18th 05, 08:16 AM
Tim Hall

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:35:32 +0000, "Graham Bowers (Zen)"
wrote:

The b road from Ambleside to the top of the Kirkstone is known as "the
struggle".............. Don't let it put you off though, a good one to do.
Graham

And at the botom is the Golden Rule. Possibly my favourite pub.

Tim
Old January 18th 05, 11:48 AM
Nick Kew

The b road from Ambleside to the top of the Kirkstone is known as "the
struggle".............. Don't let it put you off though, a good one to do.

Hehe. One to do downhill after indulging yourself in the Kirkstone inn.
Don't forget the brakes:-)

--
Nick Kew
Old January 18th 05, 03:55 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

In ,
Nick Kew typed:
The b road from Ambleside to the top of the Kirkstone is known as
"the struggle".............. Don't let it put you off though, a good
one to do.

Hehe. One to do downhill after indulging yourself in the Kirkstone
inn. Don't forget the brakes:-)

Right, so is the the pub at the top we stop in or the pub at the bottom?

Old January 20th 05, 06:22 PM
Paul Rose

"Paul Young" wrote in message
Hi, I wonder if nayone can help me. Following a successful C2C trip last
year, myself and some friends are looking for another similar route across
the north of England.
So far we are looking at something like:

First day - Grange over Sands to Penrith via Ambleside, Kirkstone pass and
Glenridding.
Second day - Penrith to Richmond, via Kirkby Stephen, Tan Hill Inn and
Arkengarthdale.
Third day - Richmond probably to Redcar (We all live on Teesside so we are
ok on this stretch).

Has anyone any advice on the details of such a route? Especially the

climbs
up the Kirkstone pass and to the Tan Hill Inn?

Cheers

Paul Y

A long shot I suppose but.....

I also live in the Teesside area and knew a Paul Young (Youngy) in my teens.
Did you ever live in Middlesbrough?

p.s. I'm hoping to do the C2C route this year. Have you added a trip report
to a website at all?

--
Regards, Paul (R)
My Lake District walking site: