schlump mountain drive

Old March 24th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
rob[_2_]

Default schlump mountain drive

Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au

i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

thanks

-rob
Old March 24th 08, 10:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 24/03/2008 05:14, rob said,
Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au

i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

Well, I guess I won't find out what that's all about from that website.
That rates as one of the most badly written sites I've seen.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Old March 25th 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per Somebody Before Paul - whose post never made it to my news
server:
i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline,

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for more top end or more
bottom end? I'm running a 38-tooth chainwheel that had me spun
out at about 25 mph and can climb just about anything in low
gear. I can see wanting smaller diffs between some of the
higher gears, but can't figure out where more range comes in.
--
PeteCresswell