Beer me Floyd

Old July 21st 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default Beer me Floyd

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

Old July 21st 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Warner

On 21 Jul 2006 06:21:39 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

After a ride like that, I wouldn't care (as long as it wasn't American
beer).

Old July 21st 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Hickey

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

I'm not sure what kind of beer he drank, but if the name gets out,
it's going to be the recovery drink of choice after yesterday! ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old July 21st 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

It wasn't beer but Amstel, according to Belgian TV

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl
Old July 21st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Todd Tracy

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

Don't know about Floyd, but I have heard that Lance Armstrong (like a
lot of Texans) prefers Shiner Bock, while Levi Leipheimer (like a lot
of Californians) prefers Sierra Nevada. I must say I have much more
respect for Levi's choice.

Old July 21st 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Bennett

Michael Warner wrote:

On 21 Jul 2006 06:21:39 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

After a ride like that, I wouldn't care (as long as it wasn't American
beer).

There are some very good beers made in the U.S., despite what Aussies
say about them. And there are some ****-poor beers made too, sorta like
Fosters.

--
Ted Bennett
Old July 21st 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
G.T.

Ted Bennett wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:

On 21 Jul 2006 06:21:39 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

After a ride like that, I wouldn't care (as long as it wasn't American
beer).

There are some very good beers made in the U.S., despite what Aussies
say about them.

Aussies don't have any room to talk. Their beer sucks as bad as
mainstream American beer and I sure as hell couldn't find any microbrews
the last time I was there.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old July 21st 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Mark Hickey wrote:
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

I'm not sure what kind of beer he drank, but if the name gets out,
it's going to be the recovery drink of choice after yesterday! ;-)

Why, hasn't it always been so?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Robin Hubert

Old July 21st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Todd Tracy wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

Don't know about Floyd, but I have heard that Lance Armstrong (like a
lot of Texans) prefers Shiner Bock, while Levi Leipheimer (like a lot
of Californians) prefers Sierra Nevada. I must say I have much more
respect for Levi's choice.

Shiner Bock ain't no Bock. Get yerself a DoppelBock or a real German
Bock and a Shiner and side-by-side 'em.

Shiner is cheap mass-produced-tasting beer labeled Bock that sure ain't
no Bock.

D'ohBoy, who, if he knows anything, knows beer.

Old July 21st 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Todd Tracy wrote:

Don't know about Floyd, but I have heard that Lance Armstrong (like a
lot of Texans) prefers Shiner Bock, while Levi Leipheimer (like a lot
of Californians) prefers Sierra Nevada. I must say I have much more
respect for Levi's choice.

Shiner "Bock" is reported (by Shiner) to be the #4 best-seller by some
category or another in the USA. This is good as it means it's more
likely the S-N shelf still has some Pale on it when I get there, which
is not always the case (ahem) here deep in the heart of Tejas.

Let's put it this way: when you go to the Shiner Hospitality Room,
you'll probably drink the Bock (""). Available year 'round.

Amazing, both Shiner and S-N start out with, like, water... --D-y

Poor Floyd Scott Racing 26 July 1st 06 11:16 PM
Open Source Beer! Garrison Hilliard General 2 August 1st 05 08:23 AM
Lance and Floyd psycholist Racing 49 May 5th 05 05:01 PM
OT Beer help Bryan UK 19 April 17th 05 11:02 PM
OT/BR: Beer outing Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 14 October 21st 04 10:50 AM