A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 10th 18, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,257
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who overtook
him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at the
side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling behind
him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his nearside and
pushed him off his bike. He’s then carried on along his way out of sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571
Ads
  #2  
Old January 10th 18, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,577
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 8:35:17 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who overtook
him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at the
side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling behind
him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his nearside and
pushed him off his bike. He’s then carried on along his way out of sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571


Clearly we need to address the issue of why cyclists do not feel safe cycling on roads.
A law mandating motor vehicles must leave at least 1.5 metres when passing a pedal cycle would be a good start.
  #3  
Old January 10th 18, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,057
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 8:35:17 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who
overtook him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at
the side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling
behind him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his
nearside and pushed him off his bike. He's then carried on along his
way out of sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571


Clearly we need to address the issue of why cyclists do not feel safe
cycling on roads.
A law mandating motor vehicles must leave at least 1.5 metres when
passing a pedal cycle would be a good start.


Like the arsehole on a bicycle that passed me on the nearside within 6" of
my car?
I saw the **** coming and decided that it was a good time to squirt my
windows.

Clearly we need to address the issue of cyclists riding on the footpath.
If they do not feel safe on the roads, then they should either push their
little toys, or grow up, get off the dole and buy a car.
It really is that simple.


  #4  
Old January 10th 18, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,175
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

On 10/01/2018 18:58, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 8:35:17 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who overtook
him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at the
side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling behind
him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his nearside and
pushed him off his bike. He’s then carried on along his way out of sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571


Clearly we have no need to address the issue of why cyclists do not feel safe cycling on roads. If they are not big enough and grown up enough to ride on the carriageway, they should stay at home with their mummies.


There; IFYPFY.
  #5  
Old January 11th 18, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,877
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

On 11.01.2018 09:54, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
little toys, or grow up, get off the dole and buy a car.


if growing up means becoming like you, then NO BLOODY THANKS.

I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
  #6  
Old January 11th 18, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,877
Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

On 11.01.2018 11:39, JNugent wrote:
On 10/01/2018 18:58, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 8:35:17 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who overtook
him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at the
side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling behind
him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his nearside and
pushed him off his bike. He’s then carried on along his way out of
sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571


Clearly we have no need to address the issue of why cyclists do not
feel safe cycling on roads. If they are not big enough and grown up
enough to ride on the carriageway, they should stay at home with their
mummies.


There; IFYPFY.


Be visible and predictable on your bike --
I find bikes damn' useful and convenient.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cycle on the pavement, get a ticket Mrcheerful UK 93 July 30th 14 03:12 PM
don't cycle on the pavement and don't go faster than you can handle Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 37 January 22nd 11 01:50 PM
Where do cycle accidents happen? Chris Gerhard UK 20 March 12th 09 08:49 PM
Shared pavement cycle paths Allan UK 30 June 17th 04 11:12 PM
Fun things that only happen if you cycle Eugenio Mastroviti UK 47 March 17th 04 02:22 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.