Calling all Belgians

Old April 6th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default OT Calling all Belgians

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

Clinton did what -- appointed someone who gave $50K to help a group
propagate specific lies about another candidate and nothing else? No
policy positions, just straight up lies about a veteran?

I love it - most of the men Kerry served with are liars and only Kerry - the
man who admitted that the medals he through over the Whitehouse fence
weren't actually his - the man who said THIS before Congress:
"I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several
months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably
discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes
committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on
a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of
command." - By the way - none of the others there from Kerry's group turned
out to have been serving soldiers and of those who were most had never been
to Vietnam despite their stories before congress including claiming that
they were decorated and in fact never were.

By the way - why was it again that Kerry never explained how he had a
commendation for a medal that never existed in his records?

This is the guy that you believe is telling the truth and that hundreds of
others who were there and many who actually served not just with Kerry but
under him are nothing but liars.

John Forrest Tomlinson, I've lost all respect for you now.

Old April 6th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

One other thing. The problem with your comment is it's the lame
relativism: "Everybody plays politics, so it's not so bad." Or
"Everybody plays poltiics, so you can't complain."

Baloney. Yeah, everybody plays politics, but some are more corrupt
and more political than others, and BushII and Cheney have played it
more extreme than any president since. Well maybe ever. Surely since
Nixon. The most corrupt and the most contempt for the rule of law and
the role of other branches over government in a few decades.

http://www.fas.org/asmp/library/reports/turkeyrep.htm

"The Clinton administration has displayed a split personality in its
approach to arms transfers and human rights in Turkey. A 1996 deal for
Bell-Textron Cobra helicopters was shelved due to concerns about Turkey's
use of U.S.-supplied helicopters against Kurdish civilians in its war on the
PKK, and U.S. government subsidies for arms exports to Turkey have been cut
back dramatically in the past two years. But the Clinton administration has
maintained a steady flow of U.S. weaponry to Turkey (averaging $800 million
per year in deliveries) and in late 1997, under pressure from arms makers,
the administration cleared the way for Boeing and Bell-Textron to compete
for a $4 billion sale of 145 advanced attack helicopters to Ankara"

http://www.dailyrepublican.com/chris...d_clinton.html

"If president Clinton approved the launching of American-made satellites
aboard Chinese rockets against the advice of top White House advisors and
contrary to a Pentagon report that the transfer was violative of U.S
national security, he must have had a powerful motivation for doing so and
he must have been ready to face the consequences of his actions."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...keystories.htm

"Hughes Electronics and Loral Space & Communications Ltd. are both under
investigation by the Justice Department and two Congressional committees for
their role in transferring sensitive U.S. space technology to the Chinese
after Hughes and Loral satellites were destroyed in two Chinese rocket
explosions."

Old April 6th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Calling all Belgians

In article .com,
"Bret" wrote:

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

By the way, I think the proper greeting for him in Belgium doesn't utilize TP -
it would involve cowbells. All night long.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 6th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:00:00 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Clinton did what --

Used recess appointments... 139 of them to be exact.

appointed someone who gave $50K to help a group
propagate specific lies about another candidate and nothing else? No
policy positions, just straight up lies about a veteran?

Who says they were lies? Perhaps it's Kerry who lied. Then again,
sometimes there are different versions of the truth. Not everyone
sees other people as the same. One person's idea of a hero can be
another's persons idea of a coward.

In any case, I'm sure that Sam Fox will make a wonderful Ambassador to
Belgium and if he doesn't, no one will know or care.

Kerry was being vindictive and Bush made him look like a powerless
fool. It's called twisting the knife.
Old April 6th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:00:00 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Payback's a bitch.

Who is Bush paying back?

The Democratic Congress for being such assholes.
Old April 6th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .net,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Clinton fired 92 Federal prosecutors including 2 or 3 of them who were
investigating corruption in the Arkansas governors office during Clinton's
administration. Not one word was said by any Liberals. Now we're seeing this
silly screaming about firing some prosecutors who were in fact ignoring
direct orders to prosecute illegal aliens and it is being made out to be
something else altogether.

Tom, you make the same mistake so many others love to - "Clinton fired all of
'em!" Sorry, but it's standard procedure that when a new president comes in, he
gets rid of all the US Attorneys and puts ones he chooses in. Reagan, Bushs 41 and
43 all did this too. The story about "ignoring direct orders to prosecute illegal
aliens" is just that - a story. Carole Lam, the USA in San diego, has had that line
used against her. But if that's the case, why didn't the DOJ ever raise that issue
with her? Kyle Sampson said they didn't. Furthermore, why did the head of the US
border control field office send her a letter singing her praises? This is "being
made out to be something else altogether" because it is.

I do find it interesting that Clinton installed some highly dubious
ambassadors, that he side-stepped Whitehouse security precautions and
actually brought in Chinese secret agents who THEN handed over large sums of
cash money to him and again - forgive me but did any Liberal complain about
that?

In fact, after Al Gore was caught carrying in paper shopping bags full of
cash, not a single charge was brought and Liberals admired his hutzpah so
much they ran him for President.

Shopping bags of cash - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an
imagination you have.

So let's not cry that Bush appointed an Ambassador to Belgium who is better
qualified than most Democrats.

His only "qualification" is that he gave big money to a group that helped Bush
in the '04 election.

Old April 6th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:54:21 -0400, Jack Hollis
wrote:

Who says they were lies? Perhaps it's Kerry who lied. Then again,
sometimes there are different versions of the truth.

Baloney in this case. Just plain baloney.

This sort of relativism "he said, she said" is so lame -- it;s the
retreat of the weak minded.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 6th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:03:07 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Baloney. Yeah, everybody plays politics, but some are more corrupt
and more political than others, and BushII and Cheney have played it
more extreme than any president since. Well maybe ever. Surely since
Nixon. The most corrupt and the most contempt for the rule of law and
the role of other branches over government in a few decades.

LOL, anyone who thinks that there's any difference between the
Democrats and Republicans in terms of playing politics and corruption
is living in a fantasy world.
Old April 6th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

Payback's a bitch.

Who is Bush paying back?

The Democratic Congress for being such assholes.

Yeah, I mean they're trying to put an end to the biggest foreign
policy disaster in at least 30 years and investigate the most
pervasive government corruption and incomeptence in decades. How petty
of them.

More serious, I can undestand some conservatives who argue
conservative principles. But defense of GWB or ragging on the current
democrats for opposing this president is just insane. It's reactionary

Voting for GWB the first time is one thing. Supporting him now - after
Iraq, after the power grabs and the attempts to exand presidential
power, after the massive government spending and insider dealing,
after Katrina. Well, anyone who still supports him is in denial.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 6th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

In article .net,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Now we're seeing this
silly screaming about firing some prosecutors who were in fact ignoring
direct orders to prosecute illegal aliens

Baloney. Pure, made up baloney. In the case of Carol Lam, for
example, her superiors at the Justice Deparment never told her to step
up prosecution of illegal aliens while she was a US Attorney..

It's hilarious how the AG and his flunkies at the Justice Department
have been scrambling to justify what they did.

I hope this scandal drags on and on -- it's showing the public how
BushCo plays the game. It's sad for the Justice Department, but it's
great politics to watch.

--
JT