aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

Old March 21st 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

On Mar 21, 11:42 am, " wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
thing.

How ignorant.

JD

Old March 22nd 07, 12:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 21, 3:53 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
bruno wrote:
how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

That thing will be stolen in two seconds if you bring it to Asia.

I'll gladly race you for pink slips (my Niner against your IF) but it
has to be out here in Colorado on the trail of my choice. I could use
some extra cash I'll get when I sell your bike on eBay.

Personally, I don't think you have an IF let alone a Walgoose. I think
you are just another 13 year old Internet troll with no friends and in
need of some attention. Stop popping your pimples and run along.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i'm not takin' this steed to asia ya douche!!! i'm takin' da karate
monkey! and rockin' SS'll make ya strong like russian bear girls. try
it.

Old March 22nd 07, 12:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, "JD" wrote:
How ignorant.

JD

How short-sited. You were, for the record, one of the SS riders that
disclaimer was meant for. That said, on most rides there are still
going to be extended flats or downhills where even you would be faster
if you had a few gears, unless your SS is geared so steep you never
find yourself spinning and out of gear. I find it hard to imagine
climbing with such gearing, and none of the SS bikes I've seen have
had such gearing.

I think Bruno is most likely the brain child of some average chump,
and I think there's a good chance I could beat him on his imaginary SS
with an array of gears at my disposal. It's a lot easier to type
about being fast then it is to be fast, especially on a singlespeed.

Can't say your reply surprised me, however. After all, everyone
should ride fixed rigid while riding up black diamond trails, right?

Dan

Old March 22nd 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 7:46 am, " wrote:
On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, "JD" wrote:

[...]

hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
do it all the time.

and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Old March 22nd 07, 02:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

bruno wrote:

hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
do it all the time.

and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 22nd 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 9:43 am, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
bruno wrote:

hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
do it all the time.

and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i don't be thuggin' all da time homes. sometimes i be havin' ta ack
like i in da ivy league an' **** yo.

Old March 22nd 07, 03:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
able to.

Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.

Now this brings up an interesting point. I had this discussion with
DeeJay Birch (name drop) after the Angelfire World Cup.

Here goes.

Since so many SS'er are turning laps equal to or faster than our
geared brethren why is it that so many still demand to have their own
category to race in?

So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class. If
there aren't classes for say dual suspensions that are separate from
hardtails, or perhaps a separate class for rigid .... why should there
be a separate class for SS's? It is the riders choice as to what bike
to bring ...

Personally, I am just another old man with a SS ... and given that I
"retired" more than a dozen years ago, I generally race in my cat on a
SS. It doesn't make me any slower.

Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

Old March 22nd 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 10:41 am, wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB wrote:

wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" wrote:

[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

right on duder! ya don't need all them gears an' ****!!

Old March 22nd 07, 04:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

IF - Ignorant Fools?

Birds of a feather.

JD

Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.

Matt
Old March 22nd 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 12:48 pm, MattB wrote:
JD wrote:
On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

IF - Ignorant Fools?

Birds of a feather.

JD

Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.

Matt

hey matt! do whatever ya gotta do to git yerself one. me? i eat ramen
24/7! duder! it's ****in' worth it!! drink da ****in' koolaid!!
believe ol' jd don't know what he's ****in' talkin' 'bout! dude's a
hater anyway.

IF's ain't overrated believe you me!!!!

aiight all you southeast asia hands. . . bruno Mountain Biking 13 February 24th 07 12:54 AM
CO Dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 27 September 11th 06 05:41 AM
Hey Salida dudes MattB Mountain Biking 0 September 14th 05 09:46 PM
UK dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 July 21st 05 05:00 PM
dudes when is there gonna be a unicycle video game? saminsaneman Unicycling 46 September 1st 04 07:59 PM