Recumbent trike website?

Old July 28th 09, 03:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
JimmyMac

Default Recumbent trike website?

On Jul 25, 6:29*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Opus" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 8:47 pm, " wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning on starting a recumbent trike website. However, I'm not
sure exactly what it should contain. I know I'll probably have
articles about trike-touring and review of gear.

Also, I'm disabled, and ride with my walker strapped to the back of
the trike. So, I'll probably have some articles about cycling and
disabilities.

I'm unsure about what else it should have. Do you have any ideas?

Edward Dolan wrote:

The main idea I have is that you are embarked on a fool's errand. Just what
the world needs, another cycling website!

I suggest you ride your trike more and forget about websites. They are a
total waste of time and effort.

#1 Ignore Ed, he's never gotten over when they switched from acoustic
coupled modems.

It's your web site from your unique experiences, put up what you know.
My web site lists daily updates on bike wrecks, and when there is
enough information about the wreck I tell my readers how they could
have avoided that wreck. You ride a trike and need to use a walker to
get around off the trike, I'm sure there are people that need to use
walkers but would ride trikes if they knew how to transfer from one to
the other. You have already figured that one out, put that in a
separate page on your site. And that's just the one example off the
top of my head.

Go forth and contribute to the general knowledge!

Folks who are crippled or otherwise discombobulated should stay home and
look at TV and read books. Leave the gallivanting to those who still have
some physicality. The way things are going some blind fool (can't see a
thing) will soon want to climb Mount Everest or sail around the world.

Ed Dolan the Great says stay home and tend to your garden. That is what
Voltaire recommended and so it is good enough for me too (even though he was
a Freaking Frenchman)!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS: Never pass up an opportunity to insult a nationality, a race or a
religion. Otherwise, you are not Great!

You misspelled GRATE. Predictably, Ed has again seized the
opportunity to be anything but helpful to the originator of this
thread. In his characteristic obnoxious and dismissive style, Ed
demonstrated his draconian insensitivity, contributing nothing but
trademark sardonic verbiage. Ed needs to address this problem with
his therapist.