The Old Guy clears a SIX SET!

Old February 11th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default The Old Guy clears a SIX SET!

For me I started about a year hopping down curbs, then progressed to
hopping down steps, then a big deal for me was to clear a 3-set. From
there I pushed it to a 4-set in my first "uni-geezer" vid.

I thought I would stop at a 5-set, because before I finally landed it,
I fell about 3 times on the initial landings 'cause I missed clearing
the last stair. So.....today I faced my biggest challenge and biggest
fear to date; the dreaded _6-set!_ Well, at least for me!

This was you classic sized concrete 6-set, which requires you to start
your jump from about 4 feet up, and then having to project yourself
more than 6.5 feet out in order to clear the last step!

Anyway, I videotaped it plus some other cool stuff which will be in my
next "Uni-Geezer" video. I should finish it and post it sometime
tomorrow.

--
MuniAddict

"There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

Old February 11th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Keldridge

You rock, man. Keep it up!

--
Keldridge
Keldridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14019

Old February 11th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

That's awesome man, This was an interesting read. Good luck on your
munispin. BTW you're never old unless you say you are.

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 11th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Hazmat wrote:
That's awesome man, This was an interesting read. Good luck on your
munispin. BTW you're never old unless you say you are.

Thanks. Yeah I saw Miles do it on my muni, and for him it was like a
Coker! So at least that's something else to try for! And who knows,
maybe a 7-set is next!

Old February 11th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

nah, you have to go by tens now, i wanna see you do a 16 set.

--
zfreak220

iridemymuni wrote:
i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

howdigetsogood wrote:
man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=57071), oh wait
nevermind i still do.

zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Old February 11th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boo radley

man I can't even clear a 3 set. I'm terrible at that trials stuff.

--
boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

Old February 11th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

MuniAddict wrote:
Thanks. Yeah I saw Miles do it on my muni, and for him it was like a
Coker! So at least that's something else to try for! And who knows,
maybe a 7-set is next!

My highest is only a 7, and I just did it once. There aren't many
stairs around here.

Congradulations!

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

Old February 11th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Blegas78

Wow! You have a lot of videos! Congratulations on the 6-set. It's good
to know that someone has so much heart in this sport, I enjoy watching
your videos!

--
Blegas78

Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
happiness.

"Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
Blegas78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5293

Old February 11th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mawesome

Nicely done, old man. I watched your videos today and may I say that you
don't look a day over 40.

Next you just have to learn how to grind a rail on a 6 set.

--
mawesome

MrBoogiejuice wrote:
I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy dressed in orange asked
me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that
was the end of that.

mawesome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11724

Old February 11th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

mawesome wrote:
Nicely done, old man. I watched your videos today and may I say that you
don't look a day over 40.

Next you just have to learn how to grind a rail on a 6 set.

haha! In my next life