Batavus Comanche mid-90s

Old June 29th 14, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jasper Janssen[_2_]

Default Batavus Comanche mid-90s

Hi Guys,

I see that the group still exists, so I'm putting it here as well. In connection with the theft of my Snel Savanne I just quickly scored a cheap old bike for everyday and keep going through marketplace. Now this is a bike with what looks like equipment from the mid-90s, a mix of STX and Exage as far as it's labeled, and of that stuff the cantilevers bother me the most. Actually, I'd like to replace them with V-brakes. Only then you get to a fair amount of cash (compared to the purchase price)(45 euros or so for two M-610 Deore V-brakes plus levers one level down), and I wonder if I might not spend just a bit more and update the whole group to Alivio.

Especially if the chainrings and/or cassette is a bit worn (I have not looked in detail yet, frankly) that might be handy. I would then get an "8 or 9" situation, and if I end up replacing the wheels at a later time (generator hubs are very nice after all) I can then go to the full 9er.

Does anyone have any idea how a twenty year old and fairly used STX / Exage combination relates to a modern Alivio group? Quality/longevity/etc wise mostly?

One point of concern is the front fork. It looks a bit as if someone banged the bike about a bit at some point - the fork goes a little 'backward' relative to the head tube. Is that normal with Batavus steel frames from that time by any chance?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s361/...-5ff7a4ee6d5a/

Jasper

PS: Snel Savanne Deore, Humpert AHS-Basic Comfort bars, hub dynamo, B + M LED lights front and rear, Brooks B190 saddle, removed Monday the 23rd in Utrecht. No-questions-asked reward for return, and the theft has been reported to the police. If you know anything or saw something ... I'd like to hear it.
Old June 30th 14, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

as Ghandi said, 'there's a lot of **** on the road"

Old June 30th 14, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jasper Janssen[_2_]

On Monday, June 30, 2014 1:47:37 AM UTC+2, wrote:
as Ghandi said, 'there's a lot of **** on the road"

Thank you for your valuable insights.

Jasper
Old July 1st 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

a tomato picker and Co. stole my mom's repainted Raleigh from front of a grocery store. Crowd thought this was amusing.

Tomato town was rundown by frosts and major hurricanes.

LBS mechanics tell me if you have a high end bike here in South Florida, riding on street , you may be followed. No puede entrar.

Big hybrid-type bike. Pashley or Batavus? Thunderbug UK 9 May 27th 08 06:17 PM
Batavus Yves Sauvageau Techniques 4 April 16th 08 11:57 AM
Dutch Bicycle - Batavus Crescendo - Men's Frame 57 [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 4th 07 02:02 AM
AD-Batavus in Boulder Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Marketplace 0 March 15th 07 01:03 PM
Dutch citybike? Batavus? Ingrid & James Marketplace 5 September 2nd 06 06:36 AM