I never thought I'd say this...

Old January 12th 10, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default I never thought I'd say this...

On 11 Jan, 18:27, Tom Crispin
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:53:52 -0000, "mileburner"

wrote:

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
"mileburner" wrote in message

You can add me to whatever list you choose. Frankly, Firth (or anyone
else posting on the Interweb) does not bother me enough for me to start
trying to mimic them. Firth tends to make a very good job himself of
making anti-cycling posters look very stupid.

You seem to get very worked up about him.

Really?

Why not just ignore him if you
hate his opinion so much?

I find his opinion entertaining, especially the continuous flow of
contradiction.

I'd add to that...

Steve Firth has occasionally made the most insightful comments on
Usenet that I have ever read.

Savant Syndrome?
Old January 12th 10, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday[_3_]

On 12/01/2010 07:35, Ian Dalziel wrote:

tu quoque, ad hominem

I agree, I think he's a raving homo-sexual too :-)
Hap

Old January 12th 10, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Ret.[_2_]

Clive George wrote:
"Ret." xxx wrote in message
Mike P wrote:
On 11 Jan, 14:09, "Ret." xxx wrote:
Ret. wrote:
Adrian wrote:
"Ret." xxx gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Steve Firth wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:

I never thought I'd say this,

And oddly enough I never did. Just some sneaking little ****
who thinks forgery is amusing.

You utter utter hypocrite. You have, within the last couple of
days, deliberately forged posts from me to suggest that I have
said things that I haven't.

That's one hell of an accusation, Kevin. Any MessageIDs?

I'll look for them. Steve didn't post entire messages in my name -
he simply responded to my posts and changed sentences that I had
typed in order to make them read the exact opposite of what I
intended.

I've had a search but I can't find them now,

There's a surprise...

Steve Firth responded to a post of mine by snipping and cutting
words out of a sentence I had typed to read the exact opposite of
what I had intended.
I would not make such an accusation if it was not true.
He may have considered it merely amusing - but it is a dishonest
method of debating.

It's not forgery in the style originally being discussed in this
thread. You said "deliberately forged posts from me" - that
explicitly means writing entire posts to appear as if they came from
you. We now know you didn't actually mean that.

At worst what Steve's done is dishonest quoting, and TBH on usenet
that's often fair game. It's one Steve's used for many years, and if
you can't cope with it then I suggest you don't belong here.

I'vw pointed out before what you need to do, but you can't resist.
Your problem.

I've taken your advice. He is now back in my blocked senders list.

Kev
Old January 12th 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

"Squashme" wrote in message

wrote:

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
"mileburner" wrote in message

You can add me to whatever list you choose. Frankly, Firth (or anyone
else posting on the Interweb) does not bother me enough for me to
start
trying to mimic them. Firth tends to make a very good job himself of
making anti-cycling posters look very stupid.

You seem to get very worked up about him.

Really?

Why not just ignore him if you
hate his opinion so much?

I find his opinion entertaining, especially the continuous flow of
contradiction.

I'd add to that...

Steve Firth has occasionally made the most insightful comments on
Usenet that I have ever read.

Savant Syndrome?

More like Stopped Clock Syndrome.

Old January 12th 10, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Steve Firth wrote:

Bite me.

If you were a Tory peer that'd cost you about 500 quid.
(if you were a Tory MP you'd put it on expenses)

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old January 12th 10, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Steve Firth

Ret. xxx wrote:

I've taken your advice. He is now back in my blocked senders list.

Fifty-five lines quoted to add one pointless line at the end. The term
"****wit" really does fit you like a glove. I now look forward to your
usual tactic of loudly proclaiming to have "blocked" then spending
months doing nothign but talking about me, oh and telling lies as usual.

Old January 12th 10, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Ret. xxx wrote:

I've taken your advice. He is now back in my blocked senders list.

Fifty-five lines quoted to add one pointless line at the end. The term
"****wit" really does fit you like a glove. I now look forward to your
usual tactic of loudly proclaiming to have "blocked" then spending
months doing nothign but talking about me, oh and telling lies as usual.

Lies, lies, lies, everyone is a liar in the deluded world of Firth.

Old January 12th 10, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 12 Jan, 12:16, "Brimstone" wrote:
"Squashme" wrote in message

wrote:

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
"mileburner" wrote in message

You can add me to whatever list you choose. Frankly, Firth (or anyone
else posting on the Interweb) does not bother me enough for me to
start
trying to mimic them. Firth tends to make a very good job himself of
making anti-cycling posters look very stupid.

You seem to get very worked up about him.

Really?

Why not just ignore him if you
hate his opinion so much?

I find his opinion entertaining, especially the continuous flow of
contradiction.

I'd add to that...

Steve Firth has occasionally made the most insightful comments on
Usenet that I have ever read.

Savant Syndrome?

More like Stopped Clock Syndrome.

Oh, he also has trouble with his waterworks, does he?
Old January 12th 10, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

"Squashme" wrote in message
On 12 Jan, 12:16, "Brimstone" wrote:
"Squashme" wrote in message

wrote:

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
[...]

Water on the brain perhaps, and we all know the cure for that.

A thought regarding the TTT z Racing 2 September 28th 09 09:10 PM
After more thought Ken C. M. Recumbent Biking 3 February 8th 06 05:58 PM
Please have a thought Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 0 January 8th 06 01:33 AM
Thought of the day mo fo General 21 August 16th 05 03:32 AM
Saw these, thought of you. Mark Thompson UK 4 January 11th 05 07:28 PM