read this boring Page......the "I's" have it.

Old January 16th 05, 04:00 PM
cross PRO

Default read this boring Page......the "I's" have it.

found page at www.bike.com.

Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
And racing the 'Christmas Series'

From: Jonathan Page - Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Hello everyone! Well, the last 3 weeks since my December 21st entry
here at Bike.com have been pretty hectic and results and, form wise,
not at all good.

I spent Christmas Eve I didn't do much I was still trying I picked
up before Nationals. I just couldn't

I had to be back to race on the 26th. I signed a contract to race in
all. The flight was uneventful but I couldn't sleep.

I even ended up.

Lots of people congratulated me on my Nationals win.

I started the first of my 7 race "Christmas Series". I didn't expect
much from this race...and I didn't get much either. I raced the first
20 minutes and then rode another 10 before pulling out.

I was excited for this one. I usually do well there...but this year.
UGH. I think I was 14th but I don't remember. I wasn't feeling good at
all and the World Cup was the next day so that made me feel even worse.

I quickly changed and headed out to ride a partial lap before going to
the start line. To be honest, I was already off pace and after lap 2, I
was going REALLY poorly and debated quitting entirely. (Ed. note: Kinda
wish that he did!)

I could hardly pedal my bike anymore. I was hoping to get lapped so I'd
have an excuse to quit but it didn't happen so I finished. My Christmas
Series was not going well.

I woke up with a fever. I only had one more race, so I dragged myself
out of bed. I couldn't help but smile. I finished with another mediocre
result and feeling like I'd gone a few rounds against Ali but I went
home happy because I knew I had 2 days with no racing!

I spent those 2 days sleeping a lot and I put new cables my bikes and
glue new tires I had flatted. I went to the doctor and got a blood
test. I have very low iron and some infection.

Normally, this would be bad news but, for me, it was GREAT news! I have
been riding terribly and it gives me some hope that when I get done
being sick I might actually ride well again!!

I also took my girls...

I slept in as late as possible on New Year's Day. I did better there,
finishing 11th, but still not the result I was looking for.

Some nice people offered to let us use their hot shower so I was VERY
appreciative. They also invited us to come back for every year I race!

Eight hours after leaving Baal, 1:30 am, I sent Cori in with Emma ahead
of me with our bags. I got about halfway to the door of the hotel when
I saw them coming back toward me.

I woke up wondering what the race would bring. I was pleasantly
surprised at the start of the race. I led the first two laps and then
settled.

I was yo-yoing. I came in to switch bikes, I flatted. I dropped to
around 25th I was told. I went as hard as I could but was tapped after
riding in the front and then riding so long with a flat and only
managed 22nd. I was disappointed but what could I do?

I spent much of the 3rd and 4th in bed with a fever.

I wasn't at the hotel. The race was live on TV and I was "the man to
win" and used heavily in the promotion of the race so I had to try to
get there.

I frantically got dressed. I found Cori and yelled to her to get in. I
checked in, went to the start line, and we were off. I led the first
lap for TV purposes. My legs were worthless and I flatted 3 times. I
finished only 6th in a race I was supposed to win. I did the best I
could with the circumstances I had.

I actually feel like I will make it! Look for another journal after
Worlds.

Jonathan Page

My only question is, "Why would I look for another journal after
Worlds? To hear about another cold, showing up 15 seconds before the
start, or your 13th 13th place of the year????"

zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

Old January 16th 05, 05:45 PM
Carl Sundquist

"cross PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
found page at www.bike.com.

Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
And racing the 'Christmas Series'

It's a report about him. Do you want him to refer to himself in third
person?

Plus, we can trust him for the truth.

Old January 16th 05, 05:48 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 01/16/2005 09:00 AM, in article
, "cross PRO"
wrote:

My only question is, "Why would I look for another journal after
Worlds? To hear about another cold, showing up 15 seconds before the
start, or your 13th 13th place of the year????"

Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

From
http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes and
equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon Cervelos
haven't arrived yet.

I've seen similar comments in other journal entries of his as well, although
I can't find them now, which means they were probably edited and removed.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old January 17th 05, 01:06 AM
Wade Summers

wrote:

Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

Are they really his sponsor if they haven't shipped his bikes yet? It's
January! He's been racing in Europe since September.

Wade

Old January 17th 05, 01:46 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"cross PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
found page at www.bike.com.

Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
And racing the 'Christmas Series'

It's a report about him. Do you want him to refer to himself in third

person?

Dumbass -

I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible, starting
most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
learns not to do in Writing 101.

But: I guess that's why he's a dumb bike racer and not a writer.
K. Gringioni.

Old January 17th 05, 02:05 AM
Hunter

From http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes

and
equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon

Cervelos
haven't arrived yet.

I think that it's entirely reasonable, in response to multiple queries
as to why one's sponsor's frame is not being ridden at this point in
the season, to offer a public explanation. This, rather than to invite
speculation by withholding comment. Who's baggin' on whom?
I figured that maybe it was because the Cervelos were breaking.

Old January 17th 05, 02:31 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

But: I guess that's why he's a dumb bike racer and not a writer.

He *may* be a dumb writer, but he's not a dumb bike racer

Old January 17th 05, 03:56 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 01/16/2005 07:05 PM, in article
, "Hunter"
wrote:

Guy wrote:

Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

From
http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes

and
equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon

Cervelos
haven't arrived yet.

I think that it's entirely reasonable, in response to multiple queries
as to why one's sponsor's frame is not being ridden at this point in
the season, to offer a public explanation. This, rather than to invite
speculation by withholding comment. Who's baggin' on whom?
I figured that maybe it was because the Cervelos were breaking.

Cervelo builds steel frames as well ... And the steel HT frames he is riding
are labelled "Cervelo" ...

Old January 17th 05, 06:34 AM
Stewart Fleming

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible, starting
most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
learns not to do in Writing 101.

Alexandre,
I see what you mean. The best solution is to start every sentence with
"Dumbass, "
Old January 17th 05, 06:41 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible,

starting
most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
learns not to do in Writing 101.

Alexandre,
I see what you mean. The best solution is to start every sentence

with
"Dumbass, "

Dumbass -

You are correct.

That is why they left it out of Writing 101. It is far too advanced a
concept for the beginner.

K. Gringioni.

Why Can't Mountain Bikers Read? Gary S. Mountain Biking 19 April 23rd 04 11:19 PM
The last page of the Internet Eric Babula General 7 March 12th 04 11:06 PM
Read This....Please.... Cipher General 7 March 8th 04 10:36 PM
Tour de France tour company page updated Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 10 December 3rd 03 07:20 AM