Problem with uk.rec.cycling on the Google Groups servers

Old January 10th 10, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trollsworth LeTrole

Default Problem with uk.rec.cycling on the Google Groups servers

Normally I'd just bitch on Google's help forums about this, but I read
quite a few other groups via GG and they're all fine, with only u.r.c.
displaying problems.

Recently, GG seems to have been resurrecting very old posts/threads in
this group and having them appear as if they're brand new, and only on
very specific topics. I'm seeing "new" threads that contain exactly
the same arguments by the exact same people from years ago, but seeing
them with very recent dates on.

Is anybody else noticing this issue?

Regards,
Trollsworth
Old January 10th 10, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:25:09 -0800 (PST)
Trollsworth LeTrole wrote:

Recently, GG seems to have been resurrecting very old posts/threads in
this group and having them appear as if they're brand new, and only on
very specific topics. I'm seeing "new" threads that contain exactly
the same arguments by the exact same people from years ago, but seeing
them with very recent dates on.

"Repetition is the very soul of the Net." Gene Spafford(?) Circa 1990.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old January 10th 10, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

news:20100110214935.fe3de78d.m.r.causer@goglemail. com...
Trollsworth LeTrole wrote:

Recently, GG seems to have been resurrecting very old posts/threads in
this group and having them appear as if they're brand new, and only on
very specific topics. I'm seeing "new" threads that contain exactly
the same arguments by the exact same people from years ago, but seeing
them with very recent dates on.

"Repetition is the very soul of the Net." Gene Spafford(?) Circa 1990.

Yes, hang around long enough and everything becomes déjà vue. It you are
bored, move on. Usenet is for idiots which I prove every time I post a
message.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 11th 10, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeremy Parker

"Trollsworth LeTrole" wrote in
message
Normally I'd just bitch on Google's help forums about this, but I
read
quite a few other groups via GG and they're all fine, with only
u.r.c.
displaying problems.

Recently, GG seems to have been resurrecting very old posts/threads
in
this group and having them appear as if they're brand new, and only
on
very specific topics. I'm seeing "new" threads that contain exactly
the same arguments by the exact same people from years ago, but
seeing
them with very recent dates on.

Is anybody else noticing this issue?

I think somebody is testing a machine to try to beat the Turing test,
and hasn't got it quite right yet.

Mind you, if you read Jerome K. Jerome's "The Men on a Bummel", his
cycling sequel to "Three Men in a Boat", you see that the same bike
design ideas that he mocked more than a hundred years ago are still
around today

Jeremy Parker

Old January 12th 10, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Edward Dolan wrote:
Usenet is for idiots which I prove every time I post a
message.

Nuff said

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle