this is the "clean" Lance

Old July 12th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default this is the "clean" Lance

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:18:54 -0400, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

1991? It's been Doped or Fixed ever since the first Tour I ever
followed, (the one Leatherhead won).

But there's a big difference between then and now.......

Way back when, we knew it was Fixed and Doped, but we didn't worry
about it, whereas now the world seems preoccupied with the scandalous
side of things.

I agree. Before the advent of EPO and other preparation since then, the
doping was rather quaint. It was designed primarily to mask pain and
get the rider through the stage/race.

Fignon's book explains that very well, although I'm not sure he can be
entirely believed when he said he was't touching EPO himself at the
end of his carreer. As a star (and rich) rider he probably had access
to the best stuff, he was probably just getting old and bitter so that
came in as a handy excuse, whether he was doing EPO or not.
Old July 12th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"B. Lafferty" a écrit profondement:

| It's ANY sport, not just Cycling.
|
| Case in point:::
| Note the date on the editorial for I wrote for a website I run
| http://69.165.217.79:6080/rbr/espana.html
|
| I agree. Before the advent of EPO and other preparation since then, the
| doping was rather quaint. It was designed primarily to mask pain and
| get the rider through the stage/race.

Way back when all that I can ever recall was 30mg of speed
(Amphetamines)

Let me give you another example

In the 1959 Manx Trophy, I was off the back the second time up
the mountain and found myself in some illustrious company. Coppi who had
come from Ireland and had had no sleep overnight in the airport and who
was in any instance 40 years old and tired and Bobet (Louis or Louison
as he was called).

Anyway Bobet intimated that the finishing order was Shay Elliott ahead
of Brian Robinson and Tony Hoar.

He wasn't exactly right, but close enough
1. ELLIOTT Seamus (Irl)
2. DE HAAN Jo (Hol)
3. ROBINSON Brian

--
Don't wait for the Shrimp boats Momma.
I'm coming home with the crabs....
Old July 12th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Zeno

On Jul 11, 4:32*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like.....

LA may be retiring, but lame RBR trolls never die
Old July 12th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On Jul 12, 4:18*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 7/12/2010 4:51 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:

"B. Lafferty" a écrit profondement:

| *Didn’t the Schleck brother have some money put aside for dope? I don’t
| *understand the obsession with Lance and doping. I seems there are
| *plenty of others with dubious connections. Suppose Lance is convicted
| *and his tour victories are thrown out like Landis, should Basso,
| *Ullrich, *be given wins? Should Vinokourov move up? Oh I know we will
| *give all the wins to the last clean rider LeMond

| No Tour winners, or winners with *, from 1991 onward. *:-)

1991? It's been Doped or Fixed ever since the first Tour I ever
followed, (the one Leatherhead won).

But there's a big difference between then and now.......

Way back when, we knew it was Fixed and Doped, but we didn't worry
about it, whereas now the world seems preoccupied with the scandalous
side of things.

It's ANY sport, not just Cycling.

Case in point:::
Note the date on the editorial for I wrote for a website I run
http://69.165.217.79:6080/rbr/espana.html

I agree. Before the advent of EPO and other preparation since then, the
doping was rather quaint.

Dumbass -

Methamphetamine is a very powerful drug.

It's a nervous system stimulant. Riders who are on meth can attack
over and over and over and over. It was available way before the
advent of EPO.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old July 12th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Zeno

On Jul 12, 3:09*pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:18*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

On 7/12/2010 4:51 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:

"B. Lafferty" a écrit profondement:

| *Didn’t the Schleck brother have some money put aside for dope? I don’t
| *understand the obsession with Lance and doping. I seems there are
| *plenty of others with dubious connections. Suppose Lance is convicted
| *and his tour victories are thrown out like Landis, should Basso,
| *Ullrich, *be given wins? Should Vinokourov move up? Oh I know we will
| *give all the wins to the last clean rider LeMond

| No Tour winners, or winners with *, from 1991 onward. *:-)

1991? It's been Doped or Fixed ever since the first Tour I ever
followed, (the one Leatherhead won).

But there's a big difference between then and now.......

Way back when, we knew it was Fixed and Doped, but we didn't worry
about it, whereas now the world seems preoccupied with the scandalous
side of things.

It's ANY sport, not just Cycling.

Case in point:::
Note the date on the editorial for I wrote for a website I run
http://69.165.217.79:6080/rbr/espana.html

I agree. Before the advent of EPO and other preparation since then, the
doping was rather quaint.

Dumbass -

Methamphetamine is a very powerful drug.

It's a nervous system stimulant. Riders who are on meth can attack
over and over and over and over. It was available way before the
advent of EPO.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

According to Jacques Anquetil meth was the Breakfast of Champions!

Anybody who has taken a "diet pill" before performing a strenuous
physical activity can attest to its short term efficacy as an
endurance booster.

Zeno
Old July 12th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Henry - you're becoming a Armpologist

Given the choice between racing (and not getting caught) on meth or
EPO (or equivalent) 998 out of 1000 pros would choose EPO. So we'd
only need the meth for Gerlach and Boonen.
Old July 13th 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni[_2_]

:
: Given the choice between racing (and not getting caught) on meth or
: EPO (or equivalent) 998 out of 1000 pros would choose EPO. So we'd
: only need the meth for Gerlach and Boonen.

Dumbass -

That's true, but Laff said that the drugs before EPO were rather quaint.

IMO, there's nothing quaint about meth.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old July 13th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 7/12/2010 11:56 PM, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"Anton wrote in message
: Henry - you're becoming a Armpologist
:
: Given the choice between racing (and not getting caught) on meth or
: EPO (or equivalent) 998 out of 1000 pros would choose EPO. So we'd
: only need the meth for Gerlach and Boonen.

Dumbass -

That's true, but Laff said that the drugs before EPO were rather quaint.

IMO, there's nothing quaint about meth.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Meth is FDA approved for the treatment of ADHD. You wouldn't want a pro
cyclist to lose focus, would you?
Old July 13th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 12, 10:56*pm, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:
"Anton Berlin" wrote in message

: Henry - you're becoming a Armpologist
:
: Given the choice between racing (and not getting caught) on meth or
: EPO (or equivalent) 998 out of 1000 pros would choose EPO. *So we'd
: only need the meth for Gerlach and Boonen.

Dumbass -

That's true, but Laff said that the drugs before EPO were rather quaint.

IMO, there's nothing quaint about meth.

Brian has lost his cool since Lance fell down and went boom.

Remember those few short days of faked equanimity? ("I hope all
evildoers are brought to justice"? "I posted that Lemond's symptoms
agree with 'doping' way back in 19xx"?)

How quickly those brief halcyon days faded...
--D-y

Old July 13th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

wrote:
"Anton Berlin" wrote in message

: Henry - you're becoming a Armpologist
:
: Given the choice between racing (and not getting caught) on meth or
: EPO (or equivalent) 998 out of 1000 pros would choose EPO. *So we'd
: only need the meth for Gerlach and Boonen.

Dumbass -

That's true, but Laff said that the drugs before EPO were rather quaint.

IMO, there's nothing quaint about meth.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

There's nothing quaint about a hit of MDA and 48 hours with a big
titted woman but that's another story.

Lance this AM - "I'm 100% clean, always have been and if I'm lyingmay God strike me off my bike today" Anton Berlin Racing 7 May 22nd 10 01:49 AM
"clean" burning Liquigas bar Racing 1 January 21st 10 07:25 AM
How do you clean "Gum Wall" glop from rims? daveornee[_72_] Techniques 18 June 4th 07 02:15 AM
LeMond "Every rider on La Vie Claire was clean". Jack Maars Racing 62 July 10th 06 03:37 AM
"Cycling is clean"--Heras B. Lafferty Racing 6 November 13th 05 08:40 PM