The balance test.....

Old March 10th 04, 10:04 PM
zod

Default The balance test.....

OK, let's see if unicyclist do indeed balance better than your average
joe. Everybody do the balance test that Kris did on the TV show More
Than Human. Stand on one leg, hold you arms out to your sides and close
your eyes. Time it and take the time from your first attempt only.
It would be interesting to get any non-unicyclists you know to do it as
well. That way we could see some REAL data on average people.
If I remember the show correctly the average person could hold this
positions for about 25 seconds.

Post the results, how long the person has unicycled (if they have), and
the persons age.

I'll start: and let me say I was quite surprised....

Time: 1:52.95
Unicycled: 13 months
Age: 30

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old March 10th 04, 11:01 PM
fattyjules

Can you shuffle your foot around on the floor to keep balance?

--
fattyjules
fattyjules's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4501

Old March 10th 04, 11:37 PM
zod

Nope, you have to stay in one place.......

I'm gonna test my wife tonight to see how she does as a non-unicyclist.

Old March 10th 04, 11:49 PM
fluffinator007

My time...

4 minutes 11 seconds
my leg: Very exhausted and sore
my age: 16
my boredom: high

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist

My image was voted out.
fluffinator007's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4757

Old March 11th 04, 12:14 AM
zod

fluffinator007 wrote:
*My time...

4 minutes 11 seconds
my leg: Very exhausted and sore
my age: 16
my boredom: high *

Awesome!! That's what happened to me, I didn't really fall because of
balance, my leg just gave out on me...

Old March 11th 04, 09:10 PM
fluffinator007

yeah, id say after a minute or so balance is no longer an issue, youve
found your way, but then keeping your way when your leg is
throbbing....ah now theres the problem, if i had indestructable legs and
conditions remained constant i could stay up forever i think....by
conditions i mean my stamina my surrounding my fatigue and
drowsyness.....hmm yup i guess this would apply to anyone so im not
special, oh well.