New Frameless Lightweight Sunglasses / Safety Eyewear For Cyclist

Old June 3rd 05, 08:26 PM
Mike Gladu

Default New Frameless Lightweight Sunglasses / Safety Eyewear For Cyclist

In article .net,
"B. Lafferty" wrote:

IIRC, Pete P. wore home made frameless glasses in 1986 when he won RAAM.

"XvX" wrote in message
Please take a look at the following eBay website. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8196534798

New Frameless Lightweight Sunglasses/Safety Eyewear For Cyclist

I believe Pete was wearing "Suspension Eyewear" -
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4202609.html - provided by a company
out of Darwin, CA that was a sponsor to many RAAM riders.

The ebay auction is for a cheap pair of bridgeless glasses you would
normally find at a truckstop.

"Suspension Eyewear" consisted of custom-made prescription lenses, clear
or tinted, linked by a solid metal bridge, and monofilament line tying
them to hooked plastic earpieces.

Wish I had picked up a pair while we were sponsored...

Mike G.
-
Old June 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
B. Lafferty

"Mike Gladu" wrote in message

"XvX" wrote in message
Please take a look at the following eBay website. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8196534798

New Frameless Lightweight Sunglasses/Safety Eyewear For Cyclist

I believe Pete was wearing "Suspension Eyewear" -
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4202609.html - provided by a company
out of Darwin, CA that was a sponsor to many RAAM riders.

The ebay auction is for a cheap pair of bridgeless glasses you would
normally find at a truckstop.

"Suspension Eyewear" consisted of custom-made prescription lenses, clear
or tinted, linked by a solid metal bridge, and monofilament line tying
them to hooked plastic earpieces.

Wish I had picked up a pair while we were sponsored...

Mike G.

That's them. I just look at the tape of that year's RAAM. Seeing Pete
wearing them, I can understand why the style never caught on.

Old June 4th 05, 12:14 AM
keynes' old slave

Mike Gladu wrote:

The ebay auction is for a cheap pair of bridgeless glasses you would
normally find at a truckstop.

CHEAP SUNGLASSES

When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head
The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
Is hit that streets a-runnin’ and try to beat the masses
And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Spied a little thing and I followed her all night
In a funky fine levis and her sweater’s kind of tight
She had a west coast strut that was as sweet as molasses
But what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

(solo)

Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark thay won’t even know your name
And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes:
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah