Name-Shifting ?

Old May 17th 09, 07:42 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Name-Shifting ?

On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:23:17 -0400
richard wrote:

The problem is, posting through google groups coughs up your IP every
time.

Although it can happen, it is highly unlikely that two people posting
at the same time will have the same IP "AND" be posting through
google.

You think you're cute because you have two accounts, or more, and that
lets you play the game. Well, best find you a service that doesn't
show your IP.

I guess you never heard of anonymizing HTTP proxies.

Old May 17th 09, 08:42 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling
Beauregard T. Shagnasty

In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Judith Smith cross-posted:

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
Well, I see that, after looking up in the uk.rec.cycling group. I
wonder why the OP cross-posted it to this international group in the
first place... :-/

Because I do not have the ability to read the headers; I knew that
people there would have.

You already 'read' them. Did you mean 'understand' them?

Perhaps you can explain how that single IP address could have been
used by two different people in the same time frame, using the same
new[s] agent, to the same new[s] group

It has already been explained how multiple people can use that same IP
address. And they were not using the same news agent. They were using
two different operating systems, two different browsers (no news
agents), on two different days.

Perhaps even have a go at the possibility of that being a coincidence?

It may be the same person, and it may not be the same person.

Why are you so concerned about this? [No, don't bother to answer. How
about trimming this thread back to your own newsgroup?]

--
-bts
Old May 17th 09, 09:37 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling

Judith Smith wrote:

But I don't think anyone other than the OP cares
about one post by a throwaway account.

Guy

******** - you have been caught fairly and squarely.

BTW: Being followed from group to group is fairly easy.

http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en
Your newsgroup email address as: search terms, type: Groups
--

Blue Angels : gotta buy a lot of tickets to pay for these planes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2375194...67356/sizes/o/
Old May 17th 09, 09:39 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling

Judith Smith wrote:

Perhaps you can explain how that single IP address could have been
used by two different people in the same time frame, using the same
new agent, to the same new group

Posted from a library. (just one example)

Old May 17th 09, 09:40 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling
Lou Knee

On 17 May, 18:46, Judith Smith wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:37:17 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

wrote:

snip

Well, I see that, after looking up in the uk.rec.cycling group. I wonder
why the OP cross-posted it to this international group in the first
place... *:-/

Because I do not have the ability to read the headers; I knew that
people there would have.

And you have already been told the answer.

Perhaps you can explain how that single IP address could have been
used by two different people in the same time frame, using the same
new agent, to the same new group

OK - let me try...

Two people use the same external scanning software. Outgoing
messages, including emails and Usenet posts, are sent via this
system. The system allocates an IP address 80.254.146.[0-255]. If
two users of urc use the same scanning software there is a 1 in 256
chance of any two of their messages being allocated the same IP
address. If one of the posters uses the service frequently the chance
of the same IP address being allocated increases.

I don't expect you to understand this, but it will be amusing to watch
you continue to make a fool of yourself.

Perhaps even have a go at the possibility of that being a coincidence?

Or the alternative... that I am a Thai golfer.

Stupid cow!
Old May 17th 09, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:40:33 -0700 (PDT), Lou Knee
wrote:

On 17 May, 18:46, Judith Smith wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:37:17 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

wrote:

snip

[...]

Simple question:

Do you normally post as Guy Chapman?

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Highway Code Rule 168 : "Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass."

Old May 17th 09, 10:12 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling
thaksin

Phil the Farmer wrote:
thaksin wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:23:17 -0400, richard
wrote:

Wassamatter bunky? Got caught didya?
You can post using different browsers, readers, clients, what ever.
The problem is, posting through google groups coughs up your IP every
time.

And operating systems, apparently. And countries, since the same IP
was posting to a golf discussion board in Thailand.

Maybe it's someone playing "operation spiked pit" or maybe it's the OP
causing mischief again, it's been caught nym-shifting too many times
to count. Or maybe it's her mate "nully" who has a long history of
header forging. But I don't think anyone other than the OP cares
about one post by a throwaway account.

Yet more *demonstrable* lies from our old ****stirrer Chapman. Care to
find a SINGLE forged header from me, Guy? Let alone enough to be "a
long history" of it? Go on, its worth you looking - after all, thats
something my AUP expressly forbids, and you should even manage to get
me thrown off my ISP! Oh, no, you can't can you? Because (as ever)
you're nothing but a lying ****

Odd that; in a thread started by 'Judith Smith' Guy accuses 'nuxx barr'
of header forging and 'thaksin' steps in to rebut the allegation /in the
first person/.

Who the hell is 'thaksin' really ? Nuxx? Judith?

To be honest, it sounds like 'Judith' to me!

You should read the post again and see what it _says_ rather than what
your preconceptions would _want_ it to say, Phil. The quote from Chapman
goes "Or maybe it's her mate "nully" who has a long history of header
forging". Of course, Chapman has posted right behind your probably
innocent mistake, hoping to further obfuscate the point at hand. As I
suggested, Chapman is welcome to substantiate his lie, but he won't
because he can't see my posts (yeah, right LOL). Oh, and its not true,
which makes it even tougher
Old May 17th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Nutter

On 2009-05-17, Judith Smith wrote:

*snip*

******** - you have been caught fairly and squarely.

You must think that people are fooking daft.

Judith, from all available evidence you are "fooking daft".

-david
Old May 17th 09, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thaksin

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 18:27:25 +0100, Phil the Farmer
wrote:

Odd that; in a thread started by 'Judith Smith' Guy accuses 'nuxx barr'
of header forging and 'thaksin' steps in to rebut the allegation /in the
first person/.

LOL! Either an unforced error or he's given up all pretence. No, I
think nully/thaksin is a different troll from nuxx or judith -
different MO.

You're a habitual and unhappily rather poor liar. Please stop projecting
your own miserable failings on others, rather than accepting
accountability for them yourself. There's a good fellow...
Old May 17th 09, 10:16 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.rec.cycling
thaksin

wrote:

Well, I see that, after looking up in the uk.rec.cycling group. I wonder
why the OP cross-posted it to this international group in the first
place... :-/

Because the OP is a troll. Never mind, her air of faux innocence has
sucked in many people before, and assuming good faith does you credit.

Guy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA **** me thats priceless! I wonder if he managed to keep a
straight face while writing that post - perhaps his lies are _so_
predominant in his character that he believes them himself?

Friction shifting on a 9 speed cassette? Ease of shifting? Mounting? [email protected] Techniques 5 October 11th 07 04:02 AM
Shifting Mark General 10 October 14th 06 08:30 PM
Shifting a 21 speed MTB Mikie Mountain Biking 9 May 3rd 06 11:56 AM
iner shifting hub !!! brockfisher05 Unicycling 9 March 29th 05 07:47 AM
XTR Shifting help [email protected] Techniques 2 August 24th 03 04:14 PM