Turkey Burner in Santa Fe?

Old September 5th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Default Turkey Burner in Santa Fe?

I'm slated to be in glorious Santa Fe for a few days immediately
following Thanksgiving.

Anybody planning on taking a ride? Anybody who wants to watch an NYC
city slicker suffer hypoxia before we even start riding?

I'm planning on packing up and sending my good ol' steel, rigid,
battle-scarred Kona Fire Mountain out there to live.

Which leads me to another question -- the Kona is a 1998 with a
Project Two fork. I don't have it in front of me, but I think there's
around 2.5 inches between the top of the 2.125 Panaracer Smoke tire
and the bottom of the crown. Based on some riding I've done in NM in
the past, I'd like to pick up a 100mm fork. Am I going to turn it into
a flopper/chopper?

/s

Old September 6th 07, 04:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
NotaKnob

On Sep 5, 10:53 am, Scott Gordo wrote:
I'm slated to be in glorious Santa Fe for a few days immediately
following Thanksgiving.

Anybody planning on taking a ride? Anybody who wants to watch an NYC
city slicker suffer hypoxia before we even start riding?

I'm planning on packing up and sending my good ol' steel, rigid,
battle-scarred Kona Fire Mountain out there to live.

Which leads me to another question -- the Kona is a 1998 with a
Project Two fork. I don't have it in front of me, but I think there's
around 2.5 inches between the top of the 2.125 Panaracer Smoke tire
and the bottom of the crown. Based on some riding I've done in NM in
the past, I'd like to pick up a 100mm fork. Am I going to turn it into
a flopper/chopper?

Sounds like a treat. I'm a flatlander myself (ABQ), but like to head
north. Hopefully the upper stuff won't be snowed in. Altitude
sickness is a joy to beheld when it's being experienced by someone
other than yourself. I got the smackdown right after moving here by a
couple SS'ers. I think I was coughing lung tissue for 2 months after
that.

For the fork, get something with adjustable travel. Then you'll be
able to set it where it feels comfortable.

Bruce

Turkey on Turkey Crazy Fred Mountain Biking 1 February 3rd 07 05:24 PM
Raleigh Aero Pro Burner Chuck UK 3 November 30th 05 11:38 AM
Pre-Thanksgiving Turkey Burner Electric Love Jam supabonbon Mountain Biking 0 November 15th 04 06:04 PM
FOMBA New Hampshire Turkey Burner Who rode it? D T W .../\\... Mountain Biking 2 December 2nd 03 03:19 AM