Weather warning ...

Old January 3rd 05, 06:20 PM
elyob

Default Weather warning ...

Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/eur.../warnings.html
Current warnings:

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Severe Gales affecting Scotland,
Northern Ireland, North West England, North East England, The Midlands,
Wales and East Anglia AND Lincolnshire.
Issued by the Met Office at 08:27 on Monday, 3 January 2005.
For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional
Met Office.
Transmitted by the Met Office at 08:27 on Monday 03 January

The Met Office is forecasting an active cold front to move
southeastwards across the country on Tuesday. Southwesterly winds will
increase to gale or severe gale ahead of the front with gusts of around 70
mph or possibly 80 mph over parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and northern
England. Dangerous driving conditions are likely and drivers are urged to
take extra care. The strong winds could bring down trees, whilst damage to
buildings and disruption of power supplies is possible.

Old January 3rd 05, 06:45 PM
Simon Mason

"elyob" wrote in message
Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

Good! I want to get my hair cut tomorrow, so nothing like a bit of sufferin'
weather to keep the other punters away ;-)

--
Simon M.

Old January 3rd 05, 07:24 PM
Succorso

elyob wrote:
Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

Hmm... good day for riding NE then. As long as you can wait for it to
die before making the return...

--
Chris
Old January 3rd 05, 07:42 PM
Al C-F

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:45:22 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

Good! I want to get my hair cut tomorrow, so nothing like a bit of sufferin'
weather to keep the other punters away ;-)

And the wind will blow all the itchy little bits out of your hair on
the way back.

Bargain.
Old January 3rd 05, 08:02 PM
MSeries

wrote:

Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

Good! I want to get my hair cut tomorrow, so nothing like a bit of sufferin'
weather to keep the other punters away ;-)

And the wind will blow all the itchy little bits out of your hair on
the way back.

Bargain.

That settles it I AM getting my hair cut tomorrow.
Old January 3rd 05, 08:21 PM
Richard Bates

wrote:

Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

Good! I want to get my hair cut tomorrow, so nothing like a bit of sufferin'
weather to keep the other punters away ;-)

And the wind will blow all the itchy little bits out of your hair on
the way back.

The wind seems to blow bits of my hair away without the need for
having it cut first ...
--
Amazon: "If you are interested in 'Asimov's I-Robot',
you may also be interested in 'Garfield - The Movie'.
Old January 4th 05, 07:10 AM
Nick Kew

In article ,
"elyob" writes:
Watch out for high winds in the North tomorrow.

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/eur.../warnings.html
Current warnings:

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

We've had it overnight here, up on the moors. Funfunfun!
(re other followups, shame I went to the barber last week:-)

--
Nick Kew
Old January 4th 05, 09:29 AM
Geoff Pearson

"elyob" wrote in message
[...]

It was great - I went out running at 0600 this morning - it was 12 degrees
C, did 10 miles in wild,wild wind and now it has gone down to 7.5 degrees.

Old January 4th 05, 03:52 PM
Simon Mason

"MSeries" wrote in message
Bargain.

That settles it I AM getting my hair cut tomorrow.

There was only one old bloke in there, so I listened to the cricket, read
the morning paper and only had to wait 15 mins. Rain lashed it down but it's
only 3 miles home.

--
Simon M.

Old January 4th 05, 04:33 PM
MSeries

Simon Mason wrote:
"MSeries" wrote in message

Bargain.

That settles it I AM getting my hair cut tomorrow.

There was only one old bloke in there, so I listened to the cricket, read
the morning paper and only had to wait 15 mins. Rain lashed it down but it's
only 3 miles home.

--
Simon M.

I didn't go today, had to go to Boots for Mrs M (for hair removal cream
actually)