CytoMax: How Much How Often?

Old June 22nd 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default CytoMax: How Much How Often?

Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar of
the stuff.

Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving = One
Scoop".

I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what fraction
of a scoop per hour one ingests.

Can anybody offer a starting point?
--
PeteCresswell
Old June 22nd 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar of
the stuff.

Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving = One
Scoop".

I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what fraction
of a scoop per hour one ingests.

Can anybody offer a starting point?
--
PeteCresswell

I don't have a can in front of me but doesn't it say somewhere, maybe
in the nutrition table, that one serving is 16 oz? Something on the
label led me to always put 1.5 scoops per water bottle.

Tom

Old June 22nd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar
of
the stuff.

Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving
= One
Scoop".

I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what
fraction
of a scoop per hour one ingests.

Can anybody offer a starting point?
--
PeteCresswell

Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old June 23rd 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Per Mike Jacoubowsky:
Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)

I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the rest
is water, right?

--
PeteCresswell
Old June 23rd 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Basically, they gave you one. One level scoop per 16oz. bottle. Add more
or less according to taste and or personal needs.

I find that I prefer a slightly more diluted mix in the summer heat than
on cooler days, for example.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old June 23rd 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Yes, its one scoop to 16 oz. Also, note the electrolytes are only K and Na
and in the wrong proportions. If you live in a hot climate, like Texas,
you'll find it doesn't work for cramping and you'll get bloating, too, as it
has too much simple surgar that the stomach can't process.

Look into Shaklee's Performance, it did well for the Shaklee team earning
over 12 world medals, 500 US wins, etc.

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 23rd 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)

I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the
rest
is water, right?

I used to do that, but I now run on 100% Cytomax. If I want something
different and I'm stopping by a store, I've found that grape juice seems to
be OK, but I now try to avoid straight water. A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
psychological effect. Sometimes that's all you want when it's 102 degrees
and you've just climbed a nasty stretch of road.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 26th 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:14:57 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
psychological effect.

It might be the cold and the caffeine.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old June 26th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
psychological effect.

It might be the cold and the caffeine.

IIRC, Mountain Dew has some of the highest sugar and caffeine levels of
any soda.

Do they still make Jolt?

Old June 26th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 26 Jun 2006 04:29:19 -0700, "Ron Ruff"
wrote:

Little Debbies fudge brownies, and oatmeal creme pies are good, too.

Those have hydrogenated oil in them -- very not good.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Sports drinks Zilla Techniques 59 June 22nd 06 04:54 PM
Cyclist Haggadah Claire Petersky General 20 April 23rd 05 02:03 PM
Cramps Mike McGuire General 25 August 23rd 04 09:08 AM
Cytomax sport drink Harvey Dent Off Road 10 July 13th 04 06:49 PM
Best Sport Drink? William Riker Mountain Biking 62 June 12th 04 01:00 AM