23.8 mm seatpost

Old March 22nd 05, 06:50 PM

Default 23.8 mm seatpost

I have an old Peugeot with a 23.8 mm seatpost. After Googling, I
realize how rare these things are. Does anyone know where to buy one?

Tom

Old March 23rd 05, 08:01 AM
Scott Gates

It might be possible to have a machine shop turn down a larger post to 23.8
mm. should you not find a post to suit you.

oups.com...

Old March 23rd 05, 03:17 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Scott Gates wrote:
It might be possible to have a machine shop turn down a larger post
to 23.8 mm. should you not find a post to suit you.

" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old Peugeot with a 23.8 mm seatpost. After Googling, I
realize how rare these things are. Does anyone know where to buy
one? Tom

It would be extremely difficult, as the smallest aluminum seatpost I could
find was a 25.0mm and the walls would not likely be thick enough to machine
to size. However, there are steel seatposts without clamping heads with
diameters smaller than yours. You could then use a shim to increase the
diameter to fit. Check your LBS to see if they can order some of these.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 23rd 05, 11:05 PM
Martyn Aldis

In message , Scott Gates
writes
It might be possible to have a machine shop turn down a larger post to 23.8
mm. should you not find a post to suit you.

" wrote in message
roups.com...
I have an old Peugeot with a 23.8 mm seatpost. After Googling, I
realize how rare these things are. Does anyone know where to buy one?

Tom

Turning down a 27mm alloy seatpost to 23.8mm could leave the walls a bit
thin.

You could shim a 22.2mm (7/8") BMX 'post.

such as:

http://www.xoutfitters.com/bmx/seatpost/

For plenty more, possibly even one near you, google:

22.2 BMX seatpost

--

Martyn Aldis, e-mail

Seatpost out past the max line? Seager Unicycling 5 March 8th 05 12:42 AM
seatpost blues Kevin General 0 October 11th 04 04:48 AM
seatpost blues Kevin Off Road 0 October 11th 04 04:48 AM
FS: Group of 3 Seatpost Track / Road Pursuit1316 Marketplace 0 August 24th 04 07:45 PM
FS: Strong Japanese seatpost 27.0Strong 200 mm seatpost Fishcatfursmile Marketplace 1 March 22nd 04 01:33 PM