125mm stem HELP

Old March 18th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sim

Default 125mm stem HELP

On Mar 18, 11:41*pm, Scott wrote:
On Mar 18, 4:34*pm, DepartFictif wrote:

On Mar 18, 10:57*pm, Scott wrote:

On Mar 18, 2:37*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

On Mar 18, 12:07*pm, "A. Dumas Fred" wrote:

Op 18-03-10 19:14, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Also, this isn't really a question worth crossposting for.

Even worse: it's not crossposted.

You're right and I am a dumbass.

Okay, since this is rbr: *the correct answer is to quit
fantasizing about a 125mm stem. *Just get a 120mm stem
and sweat 5mm of padding off your ass. *The bike will fit
better and your performance will improve.

Or, stop wearing Depends under your cycling shorts.

Hmmm, getting a lot less helpful and seem to be making assumptions
about my size, weight, knowledge, experience. *It was a simple
quesition, "does anyone know where I can get a 125mm stem". *Maybe
this RBR thing wasn't the place for it.

Thanks to those who did help.

To be honest, I did try to help earlier when I suggested just getting
a handlebar with a slightly longer reach. *I could also have suggested
that you just get a 120 and pretend it is a 125. *That would work,
too.

FWIW, no one was making any assumptions about your size, weight,
etc... *the joking comments were all in good fun, and if you'll notice
they didn't start until after you'd already received plenty of useful
answers to your question. *Well, maybe Anton Berlin started a little
early, but that's just his nature. *I'm not sure he knows how to give
a straight answer, but that doesn't stop him from giving an answer.- Hide quoted text -

Oh ok, righto. I can't change bars etc, I've gone through all that
other stuff, it's a "last resort" search. I've got both 120, 130,
endless different angles in the brands of stem I should be using, but
if it weren't that hard, throwing on a 125 would be better. It's not
like I can't ride with other 2 sizes, just wondered where I could get
one.
So.... again, cheers to all, and... I guess with time I'd get used to
the answering "format".
:-)
Sim
Old March 19th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Mar 18, 10:57*pm, Scott wrote:

[...]

Hey, at least no one called you a Dumbass... wait a minute, that's
actually a term of endearment here.
Old March 19th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Scott wrote:
On Mar 17, 5:43 am, Victor Kan wrote:
On Mar 17, 6:12 am, Sim wrote:

... Preferably not carbon and not
overpriced, not adjustable or anything silly like that. Someone told
me the Deda Newton comes in a 125, but QBP don't seem to stock it.

I just did a QBP search at aebike.com for 125mm 31.8 clamp stems and
it shows two adjustable (I know, not your preference) stems, one from
Dimension, one from Oval Concepts.

If you need something so specific as 125mm only, you should specify
what rise angle you want since a given 130mm or 120mm stem might give
you the same position at various rise angles and a rearrangement of
the spacer stacking.

Or, the OP could get a set of bars with a slightly longer reach and
just use a 120.

Or get a frame builder to make him a custom stem, certainly not an
unheard of thing.

-S-

Old March 21st 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Spunout

Or get a frame builder to make him a custom stem, certainly not an
unheard of thing.

-S-

why just a stem? Get a new custom frame. Be sure to specify reach so
that you don't end up between pesky 10mm stem lengths. Every looked
at a ruler? 5mm is a long way.
Old March 21st 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

http://www.penissizedebate.com/images/doc/penis_size_preference_chart1.gif
Old March 22nd 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Spunout wrote:
Or get a frame builder to make him a custom stem, certainly not an
unheard of thing.

-S-

why just a stem? Get a new custom frame. Be sure to specify reach so
that you don't end up between pesky 10mm stem lengths. Every looked
at a ruler? 5mm is a long way.

A custom frame is a fine idea, too, now that you mention it - that way,
you wouldn't need a custom stem.

-S-