Metronome a crazy idea?

Old December 8th 03, 04:29 AM
Pat Fleming

Default Metronome a crazy idea?

I'm considering using a metronome on my training rides. The digital device
has cadences from 40 to over 200. Any usefulness in this?

Old December 8th 03, 05:15 AM

Pat Fleming wrote:
: I'm considering using a metronome on my training rides. The digital device
: has cadences from 40 to over 200. Any usefulness in this?

I've used it and it works. But a cheap bike computer is really
easy to set up for measuring your cadence as well, so I nowadays
use that approach. The metronome could be more accurate and
convenient if you have a major point about keeping the exact
cadence.

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/

Old December 8th 03, 02:57 PM
cashrefundman

Kevan Smith wrote:
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 04:29:56 GMT, "Pat Fleming" from
Optimum Online wrote:

I'm considering using a metronome on my training rides. The digital device
has cadences from 40 to over 200. Any usefulness in this?

No. I'm a musician, so I have a digital metronome. One day I took it out on a
ride. Trying to match cadence to a beat takes all the fun out of riding, and
it's irritating. Instead, just get a bike computer with a cadence indicator.

I agree. If you need a rhythm, listen to some jams. For me its like
dancing on the bike.

CRM

Old December 11th 03, 09:46 PM
Bartow W. Riggs

"Pat Fleming" wrote in message
I'm considering using a metronome on my training rides. The digital

device
has cadences from 40 to over 200. Any usefulness in this?

One Mississippi, Two Missippippi

Cadence counts, especially for casual cyclists.

or for me, I find myself counting in groups of four.

And how do you get the pendulum to swing accurately. It sems to me that
road surface would effect regularity.

Tongue in cheek,

Bart