Giro D'Italia

Old May 3rd 06, 11:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Giro D'Italia

Does anyone know if RAI on Foftel are doing the Giro live, and if not is
there a way to watch it on the web?

--
ADA23

Old May 3rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle

ADA23 Wrote:
Does anyone know if RAI on Foftel are doing the Giro live, and if not is
there a way to watch it on the web?

Dunno about Foxtel, but it's on cycling.tv but you have to pay around
$50 for the year for the subscription. I forked out the moola the other
night when the final stage of the tour de romandie was on. I was up
late, too many beers, so I thought what the hell. It's not too bad, I
don't have a superfast connection though so had to set the resolution
down a bit, but watchable. You can also see replays of most of the
spring classics as well.

Speaking of the Giro, have you seen how hard it is this year? I was
reading on cyclingnews that Johan Bruyneel was complaining about, and
he's not the only one. They are going to be running 34/29 gearing for
stage 17!

Adam

--
adam85

Old May 4th 06, 12:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle

adam85 wrote:
Speaking of the Giro, have you seen how hard it is this year? I was
reading on cyclingnews that Johan Bruyneel was complaining about, and
he's not the only one. They are going to be running 34/29 gearing for
stage 17!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...y06/may03news2

Hmm, are they running a compact crankset upfront? Haven't we been told
that a 39x27 would be enough to ride up everything ...

I wonder what gears Der Kaiser will be grinding for that stage.

Old May 4th 06, 03:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

rooman Wrote:
petulance Wrote:

are RAI showing it (in OZ) this year?

QUOTE]
Yes its on RAI, for 2006.

access through Optus Cable, Austar and Foxtel, can get it just for the
month
Optus charge $13.95, you must keep for a full month, (is that 30 days
for men-28 for woman or from 21 to 35 if you are in the general
population?...try arguing that to Optus accounts ...)

I've got mine ready, bring on Venerdi and the Tifo

ciao

worth it to.

while its in italian (" Molte Grande!!") you know what is going on
and they have the most bizzarre replays of things. Like someone
turning around and looking down the line. WTF??

Oh and the Italian ads where everything involves a scantily clad lady
aren't too bad either......

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

Old May 4th 06, 04:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"adam85" wrote in message

ADA23 Wrote:
[...]

Hey Adam,

I've subscribed to cycling.tv too, it's great (I've got good broadband
access so that helps). But in regards to the Giro I'm not sure whether we
will be able to access it. As I understand it you need a seperate
subscription to the OLN channel through the cycling.tv interface. This is an
additional USD19.99 and seems to only be available to the US.

http://velogal.blogspot.com/2006/03/...w-cycling.html

http://www.podiumcafe.com/story/2006/3/29/145832/601

Cheers

Adrian

Old May 4th 06, 04:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Schedules are not exactly concrete a bit like Alitalia, but the stages are
well worth the wait .Saturday nights are not the best , on the website it is
showing 11.30WST for the prologue , if it is like previous years a normal
weeknight will be 9-11 WST followed by a 'Giro Show' where old stars ,
riders escorted by scantily clad women disect the stage.
http://www.international.rai.it/

http://www.rai.it/giro2005

Steve
Ideal Cycles

Cottur Passes on Davey Crockett Racing 2 March 9th 06 03:57 AM
NEWS FLASH -- 88th Giro d'Italia Cancelled!!!!! J-Lo's Proctologist Racing 1 May 15th 05 06:39 PM
So howzabout an all-Continental Giro d'Italia? sonarrat Racing 2 April 20th 05 04:39 PM
Watching the Giro D'Italia on Satellite in UK Fausto UK 5 January 14th 04 11:53 AM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM