Book?

Old September 30th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sally

Default Book?

"John" wrote in
:
Can anyone
recommend a good book or repair manual that goes through everything in
easy to understand language?

Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Old September 30th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

John wrote:
I just bought an older used Trek mountainbike. It is in decent shape but
needs some work. My intentions are to do a pretty complete
teardown...cleaning and re-assemble of the bike. I will replace/upgrade
things that need it. I am using this bike sort of as a guinea pig so I can
learn how to adjust and fix things. Sort of a project. Can anyone recommend
a good book or repair manual that goes through everything in easy to
understand language?
Thanks,
John

parktool.com does a great job with repair help. Just print out the
article ya need and take it to the garage.

http://parktool.com/repair/

If you don't have a bunch of tools already, those basic tool kits from
nashbar or performance are a real affordable way to get the basics.
Their rolled kit is on sale for $60 right now: http://tinyurl.com/psngj

Old October 1st 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

John wrote:
I just bought an older used Trek mountainbike. It is in decent shape but
needs some work. My intentions are to do a pretty complete
teardown...cleaning and re-assemble of the bike. I will replace/upgrade
things that need it. I am using this bike sort of as a guinea pig so I can
learn how to adjust and fix things. Sort of a project. Can anyone recommend
a good book or repair manual that goes through everything in easy to
understand language?

There is also good information he
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/articles.html. [1]

[1] Flame away, Ozark Bicycle.