Hincapie's first Paris Roubaix result

Old January 22nd 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bicycle_disciple

Default Hincapie's first Paris Roubaix result

Can anyone help me with finding out George Hincapie's first and second
Paris Roubaix results? I believe he started racing PR at age 20, in
1993, so I'm looking for 1993 and 1994 standings. Couldn't find a
thing on the web.

Thx
BD
Old January 23rd 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ZBicyclist

bicycle_disciple wrote:
Can anyone help me with finding out George Hincapie's first and
second
Paris Roubaix results? I believe he started racing PR at age 20,
in
1993, so I'm looking for 1993 and 1994 standings. Couldn't find a
thing on the web.

http://www.georgehincapie.com/bio/ doesn't show anything for those
years. First mention of PR is 21st in 1995. That doesn't mean he
wasn't in the race, of course.

In 1994, he was 3rd in the K-Mart Classic, including one stage win.
There's a blue light special joke in there somewhere.

Mike Kruger
A face for radio, a voice for mime.

Old January 23rd 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bicycle_disciple

On Jan 22, 10:42*pm, "ZBicyclist" wrote:
bicycle_disciple wrote:
Can anyone help me with finding out George Hincapie's first and
second
Paris Roubaix results? I believe he started racing PR at age 20,
in
1993, so I'm looking for 1993 and 1994 standings. Couldn't find a
thing on the web.

http://www.georgehincapie.com/bio/*doesn't show anything for those
years. First mention of PR is 21st in 1995. *That doesn't mean he
wasn't in the race, of course.

In 1994, he was 3rd in the K-Mart Classic, including one stage win.
There's a blue light special joke in there somewhere.

Mike Kruger
A face for radio, a voice for mime.

Thanks. I did look at his bio, but that didn't help much. What nerves
me is that so many books are written on Armstrong. Not a single one on
Hincapie. Big George's wikipedia page is also pathetic in terms of his
history in bike racing. Thanks for your help. I'm really looking for
George's PR results at age 20 and 21, 1993 and 1994.

BD
Old January 23rd 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

bicycle_disciple wrote:
[...]

BD- Hide quoted text -

I want to ask why ?
Old January 23rd 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bicycle_disciple

bicycle_disciple wrote:
[...]

For some research into his performances.

BD

Paris - Roubaix- result not given Jan UK 2 April 16th 07 12:55 PM
Hincapie's broken fork in Paris-Roubaix Derk Techniques 221 April 15th 06 05:24 AM
Paris-Roubaix Stu Fleming Racing 2 April 7th 06 08:57 AM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 04:13 PM