Power drink recommendations?

Old March 20th 05, 08:20 PM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:24:47 -0800, ,
bbaka wrote of bubbly beverages:

My riding is random in nature and on/off road so I take
some big hits and a lot of vibration

Ride slower and drink faster so there's less to spill.
--
zk
Old March 23rd 05, 01:43 AM

Peter Cole wrote:

I think it's not such a great idea to give kids all that extra

sodium.
I give my kids water, but stop for gelato. Sports drinks in water
bottles make such a sticky mess.

Not only the sodium, but the sugar. Unfortunately, I can't be with them
all day at summer day camp to encourage them to drink water. They'll
drink the Gatorade no problem. Since they are out in the heat, and
sweating, it's not a problem, and I don't make it full strength, 2/3
strength is enough. Cleaning a Lexan bottle is not messy at all (though
now with the new issues with Lexan, I may have to find an alternative).

A side benefit of the Gatorade, is that the purchase of it funds my
alma mater, where Gatorade was invented (over $80 million so far).

"http://rgp.ufl.edu/publications/explore/v08n1/gatorade.html"

BTW, I don't understand how gelato relates to this.

Old March 23rd 05, 01:32 PM
Peter Cole

A side benefit of the Gatorade, is that the purchase of it funds my
alma mater, where Gatorade was invented (over $80 million so far).

"http://rgp.ufl.edu/publications/explore/v08n1/gatorade.html"

BTW, I don't understand how gelato relates to this.

I know, and that's so sad.

you people are gay MagillaGorilla Racing 282 December 7th 04 07:06 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Lactate testing / training [email protected] Racing 18 July 18th 04 08:37 PM
Trek Crank Length Garrison Hilliard Techniques 84 February 10th 04 06:05 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM