schraeder valve thread?

Old March 20th 04, 11:44 PM
A Muzi

Default schraeder valve thread?

g.daniels wrote:

what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?

5/16 x 32tpi maybe?
Measures just under 5/16" diameter definitely 32 tpi.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old March 21st 04, 02:10 AM
Tom Sherman

g.daniels wrote:

what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?

It is a SCHRADER valve.

http://www.schrader-bridgeport.net/brochure.cfm?brochure=2285&location_id=2737.

Old March 21st 04, 03:17 AM
carlfogel

G.Daniels wrote:
what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?

Dear Gene

Here's the scoop from the engineering world's version o
rec.bicycles.tech

Dimensions of standard tire valve faq68-63

According to the Tire and Rim Association (and they should know) th
standard Schrader valve has the following thread

7.7 mm OD 32 tpi, or 0.794 mm pitch Minor diameter is 6.9mm Threa
designation is .305-32 or 7.7-32 Nice mix of inches and millimetre

http://www.eng-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/pid/68/fid/63

From what they say, I suspect that almost nothing except a Scharde
valve cap fits

Carl Foge

-

Old March 21st 04, 04:37 PM
Zog The Undeniable

carlfogel wrote:

From what they say, I suspect that almost nothing except a Scharder
valve cap fits.

I've seen inner tubes with a small nut that holds the valve onto the
tube itself. Might be worth seeking one out.
Old March 21st 04, 06:46 PM
carlfogel

Zog The Undenia wrote:
carlfogel wrote:
From what they say, I suspect that almost nothing except a Scharder
valve cap fits.

I've seen inner tubes with a small nut that holds the valve onto the
tube itself. Might be worth seeking one out.

Dear Zog

Doh

Motorcycle inner tubes come with hex nuts on their fully threade
Schrader valve stems. Any dealer will likely donate a few

It's been so long since I had a flat on a motorcycle that I'd forgotte
these nuts

Carl Foge

-

Old March 21st 04, 10:15 PM
Dan Daniel

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:31:30 GMT, carlfogel
wrote:

Dear Tom,

Dough!

Carl Fogel