Mr. Derailleur, meet Mr. Spokes

Old July 9th 03, 05:13 PM
Nick Kolodinsky

Default Mr. Derailleur, meet Mr. Spokes

(John McGraw) wrote in message . com...
In this case, why not pick all 3?
Mike what you say makes good sense to me. Yow have to walk a line btn.
giving the store away and paying the bills. If it is not a warranty
item, I assume it would be fair to ask for the broken parts to be
replaced @ cost, plus labor. No?
And if it is a popped link, would that make it Shemongo's
responsibility? If it were, how the hell would anyone get them to pay
up?
Sorry for the top post but I don't know where to snip it, & it's too
long to bottom post it.
John

Not to start a flame problem or anything, but a basically new bike
with a failure of that magnitude - the shop and the manufacturer are
fortunate no one was seriously hurt... then we wouldn't be talking a
few hundred dollars, the whole thing would end up in court.

For how much I hate to mention Lawyers, if you did nothing wrong,(and
shifting is NOT doing something wrong), someone will fix your bike
free. If they don't, ask your Lawyer for an opinion on this. Usually
it will take only one call from a your Lawyer to clear this up.

Have Fun,
Nick
Old July 9th 03, 05:28 PM
Mike S.

[...]

You ever heard the term "blood from a rock?" That's what it would be like
trying to get $$ out of your average LBS... Lawyers or no, if there ain't
money, there ain't money.

Mike

Old July 9th 03, 09:59 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:28:46 -0700, "Mike S." mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet wrote:

Please ****ing attribute properly!

For how much I hate to mention Lawyers, if you did nothing wrong,(and
shifting is NOT doing something wrong), someone will fix your bike
free. If they don't, ask your Lawyer for an opinion on this. Usually
it will take only one call from a your Lawyer to clear this up.

You ever heard the term "blood from a rock?" That's what it would be like
trying to get $$ out of your average LBS... Lawyers or no, if there ain't
money, there ain't money.

If you're only asking for your bike repaired, that shouldn't be too hard
to squeeze out of an LBS. Besides, the poorer they are the less attorney
they can afford to fight back.

Jasper