Man dies after biking into retaining wall

Old March 16th 05, 11:33 AM
Ken Marcet

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Ken Marcet wrote:

Well I am guilty of the no helmet thing too so I can't really say

much about
that.

There should be no feeling of guilt involved, any more than feeling
guilty for not having tattoos, not carrying a cell phone camera, etc.
They're all fashionable, over-sold and pretty useless.

I have two tattoos that I had done in another life and now incredibly
regret. But I don't want to go through the trouble of having them
removed. Think carefully my friends before you tattoo....unless you use
the rub offs. They are there forever to remind you of what a jackass
you were when you had them done.

As for Cell Phones.....WHO THE HELL CAN LIVE WITHOUT A CELL PHONE.
That's unheard of. ;-)

A Helmet will never touch my head. I can't deal with helmet hair.

All Good Things
Maggie
http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/
http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

Nope! tattoos can be removed, a might do a helmet to avoid death, and I
don't have a cell-phone

Ken

Old March 16th 05, 11:51 AM
Rangersfan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Rangersfan who? wrote:

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message

and suffering severe head trama. Something tells me he really needed a
headlight on his bike!

Or at least a helmet.

"Rangersfan" is either a troll or very innocent in the ways of
rec.bicycles.*.

I just don't subscribe to the anti-helmet newsletter.

Old March 16th 05, 12:29 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 05:51:12 -0600, "Rangersfan"
wrote:

I just don't subscribe to the anti-helmet newsletter.

What is this anti-helmet newsletter of which you speak?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old March 16th 05, 01:11 PM
Maggie

Ken Marcet wrote:
"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Ken Marcet wrote:

[...]

Tattoos can be removed by a good plastic surgeon, but they leave scars.
I have never seen a removal that did not leave some evidence. It's
easier to have the tattoo re-designed to look like something totally
different.

I am thinking of changing mine to a hot mama on a very kewl bicycle
with a shopping bag hanging from the handlebars.
All Good Things,
Maggie
PS. How do you live without a cell phone? That's obscene.

Old March 16th 05, 02:46 PM
RonSonic

On 16 Mar 2005 05:11:50 -0800, "Maggie" wrote:

Ken Marcet wrote:
"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Ken Marcet wrote:

[...]

I do it by not being at the call and command of everyone who thinks I need to
talk to him just now.

When I'm driving, I'd rather be driving; working, I'm working not talking;
riding is riding not phone time. People with any business calling me know when
and where to reach me.

Ron

Old March 16th 05, 04:30 PM
S o r n i

Maggie wrote:

A Helmet will never touch my head. I can't deal with helmet hair.

Maggie, you'd better read the fine print for that "event ride" you're
planning to do; I've got 45 cents that says helmets are mandatory.

Bill S.

Old March 16th 05, 05:20 PM
Maggie

S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:

A Helmet will never touch my head. I can't deal with helmet hair.

Maggie, you'd better read the fine print for that "event ride" you're
planning to do; I've got 45 cents that says helmets are mandatory.

Bill S.

Oh my gosh, I better start shopping. This could take a while.
All Good Things,
Maggie

Old March 16th 05, 05:31 PM
Ken Marcet

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:

A Helmet will never touch my head. I can't deal with helmet hair.

Maggie, you'd better read the fine print for that "event ride" you're
planning to do; I've got 45 cents that says helmets are mandatory.

Bill S.

Oh my gosh, I better start shopping. This could take a while.
All Good Things,
Maggie

LOL - Okay that just made my day!
Ken

Old March 16th 05, 05:54 PM
Fritz M

Maggie asked:
PS. How do you live without a cell phone?

I never thought of you as the cell phone type, Maggie. I don't have a
cell phone, though my wife carries one.

That's obscene.

Wait till you read this next sentence. I haven't owned a television
since 1984.

RFM

Old March 16th 05, 07:24 PM
Maggie

Fritz M wrote:
Maggie asked:
PS. How do you live without a cell phone?

I never thought of you as the cell phone type, Maggie. I don't have a
cell phone, though my wife carries one.

That's obscene.

Wait till you read this next sentence. I haven't owned a television
since 1984.

RFM

You do not own a TV OR A CELL PHONE??? Horrors. How do you watch
"American Idol"? Biggest news of the day is WHY DID MARIO LEAVE THE
SHOW?
All Good Things,
Maggie