Psychopath Jack Wesolowski takes another spam dump on the UseNet (was: Gary Sokolich - 3688)

Old March 19th 13, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Ed Dolan the Great - telling it like it is!

On Friday, March 15, 2013 4:26:05 PM UTC-5, Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message

On Monday, March 11, 2013 2:17:17 PM UTC-5, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Maybe cycling is good for us after all if it makes us tough when we need

to be.

Because of pain in my lower back and pelvis, I didn't ride at all last

year. I think the problem is scar tissue from radiation. I will give it

a go again this year now that I am feeling a somewhat better, but with

testosterone at castrate levels, my performance will never again be the

same and recovery between efforts slower. Consequently, I have no

intention of logging mega-miles and competing with those half my age.

Sadly, those days are behind me now. As much as I enjoyed mixing it up

with the younger set, riding hard, far, and fast, in a way it is a relief

not to be burdened by the compulsion to do so anymore.

It would never occur to me to try to keep up with those younger than myself.

Unlike you, I gave up on riding hard and fast decades ago. If riding an

upright causes much back pain, I would recommend a recumbent bicycle. You

will be slower over all, but you will be more comfortable although you may

have to tweak the seat a bit. The best thing about cycling is what it does

for the mind, not the body.

The back an pelvic paid are due I believe to scar tissue in soft tissue from radiation, not from riding on an upright and this is problematic on either riding platform. As you will recall I have an have ridden both. Agreed about cycling and the mind.

I notice in my walks around town that I am not as steady on my feet as I

used to be. If and when I ever get unsteady on my 2 wheel recumbents, I will

resort to my 3 wheel recumbents. The one thing I never want to do at my age

is take a fall. Everything changes over time ... and so do we!

Ed Dolan the Great

Old March 22nd 13, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

It would never occur to me to try to keep up with those younger than
myself.
Unlike you, I gave up on riding hard and fast decades ago. If riding an
upright causes much back pain, I would recommend a recumbent bicycle. You
will be slower over all, but you will be more comfortable although you may
have to tweak the seat a bit. The best thing about cycling is what it does
for the mind, not the body.

The back and pelvic pain are due I believe to scar tissue in soft tissue
from radiation, not from riding on an upright and this is problematic on
either riding platform. As you will recall I have ridden both. Agreed
about cycling and the mind.

There is no comparison between “riding platforms”. I have had a low back
problem like forever (and later an upper back problem) which prevented me
from riding an upright, but recumbents work great no matter where your back
problem is located. I don’t recall your recumbent (Lightning P-38 ?), but I
would give it a try and see how it works for you. However, I do think most
back problems are caused by osteoarthritis (hard tissue, not soft tissue),
so indeed that may be different than damage caused by radiation.

How nice we have this newsgroup all to ourselves but others are welcome to
contribute if they can stand the heat. Newsgroups are not for sissies.

Ed Dolan the Great