Cheerfully wrong

Old November 21st 10, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Default Cheerfully wrong

Old November 21st 10, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 21/11/2010 16:19, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On 21/11/2010 00:30, JNugent wrote:
On 21/11/2010 00:17, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On 20/11/2010 23:45, Derek C wrote:
On Nov 20, 11:42 pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 20/11/2010 21:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

I do accuse abusers of 'typical cyclist behaviour' I am clearly
too dim to formulate any reasonable response.

IFYPFY.

- --
Guy Chapman,http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just ignore this Guy (literally). He is a bit simple after suffering a
brain injury after a cycling accident where he was not wearing a cycle
helmet.

You know, the really funny thing about you is that you can say something
like that blissfully unaware of how crass it makes you look.

Is it more "crass" than "I've scraped higher life forms off my shoe"?

Yes.

Why?

Because it was about you?
Old November 21st 10, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old November 21st 10, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:53:55 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

snip

Just ignore this Guy (literally). He is a bit simple after suffering a
brain injury after a cycling accident where he was not wearing a cycle
helmet.

You know, the really funny thing about you is that you can say
something
like that blissfully unaware of how crass it makes you look.

Is it more "crass" than "I've scraped higher life forms off my shoe"?

Yes.

Why?

Because it was about you?

You really don't see why, do you? Good grief.

Please Sir, please Sir - I know Sir.

It is because Porky Chapman *really is brain damaged* Sir.

Surely people do not think that someone could be that ****witted and
be *normal*.

He is of course a sociopath as well:

Pathological Lying:
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for
them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught
up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities.

I always thought that that was natural - but I suppose that that could
be a result of the brain damage as well.
--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman

Old November 21st 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:
On 20/11/2010 21:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

I do accuse abusers of 'typical cyclist behaviour' I am clearly
too dim to formulate any reasonable response.

IFYPFY.

Just ignore this Guy (literally). He is a bit simple after suffering a
brain injury after a cycling accident where he was not wearing a cycle
helmet.

You know, the really funny thing about you is that you can say
something like that blissfully unaware of how crass it makes you look.

Is it more "crass" than "I've scraped higher life forms off my shoe"?

Yes.

Why?
Because it was about you?

You really don't see why, do you? Good grief.

As to whether Mr Cheerful's comments about you (about which I pass no
particular comment) was any worse than some other savant saying that the dirt
on his shoe is a higher life-form than Mr Cheerful (ditto), I leave as an
open question.

There's little difference between them, as far as I can see.

But one of them was about you, and you obviously don't like that.
Old November 21st 10, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

wrote:
[...]

Ah, so not only do you not understand, you don't even know to which
remark I was referring.

I'd give up at that point if I were you.
- --
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
to be worth at least what you paid for them.
PGP public key at http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public.key
Old November 21st 10, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:
[...]

Don't be so bloody silly.

It is absolutely *obvious* to which of Mr Cheerful's remarks you took
exception. It was what he had (just) said about you and you not only quoted
it but you responded to it. It's all there, just above.

And you said (to him):

"You know, the really funny thing about you is that you can say something
like that blissfully unaware of how crass it makes you look".

At that point, I wondered how far along the crassness continuum you thought
the (fairly recent) remarks of a different poster might be.

Let's face it, there are some pretty crass things said in this NG - by some
people.

I'd give up at that point if I were you.

Why? Are you going to start moving the goalposts even further apart, perhaps
by trying to argue about the meaning of a word in my posting?
Old November 22nd 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jon[_5_]

On Nov 19, 8:44*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

The fact is that there are thousands of truly awful drivers out there, I see
them, you see them, everyone has horror stories of close encounters.

* But cyclists choose to ignore that and try to travel unprotected
amongst them.

I learned long ago in school that giving in to bulllies and thugs was
not the way to deal with them. .I do not ignore them - I have reported
several dangerous drivers.
I am not unprotected - I am protected, first by the fact that most
people are pro-social and no more wish to injure me than I do to
injure them, and secondly by laws and sanctions which restrain most of
those who are not otherwise willing to act reasonably. These two, far
more than any kind of physical 'protection', are the main defences for
most of us against many of the everyday potential threats which face
us.

Rather like the swimmers that go for a dip in shark infested water, when one
gets killed they get all uppitty and say: 'do something about the sharks'

A shark is a wild animal doing what its instincts urge. A human is
not: they can reasonably be expected to copmly with legislation.

Why not just stay clear of them?

As above - I don't believe in giving in to criminals. The solution to
criminally careless or dangerous driving (and indeed cycling) is
better law enforcement, not anyone being intimidated into giving up
their right to use the public highway.

Old November 22nd 10, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

And you said (to him):

"You know, the really funny thing about you is that you can say
something like that blissfully unaware of how crass it makes you
look".
At that point, I wondered how far along the crassness continuum you
thought the (fairly recent) remarks of a different poster might be.

Let's face it, there are some pretty crass things said in this NG -
by some people.

I'd give up at that point if I were you.

Why? Are you going to start moving the goalposts even further apart,
perhaps by trying to argue about the meaning of a word in my posting?

Could I just point out that it was not me that said anything about brain
damage.
Quite how that has got attributed to me I do not have a clue. I pointed out
that I do not generally make any personally abusive comments. I do make
wide ranging ones about cyclists in general, the same as most people in the
country do every day.

Mrcheerful

Old November 22nd 10, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Jon wrote:
[...]

I try to not rely on other peoples' common sense/skills, nor legislation,
which may only be effective in arrears. Far better to rely on oneself. I
avoid dangerous areas and situations, which is why I do not cycle up the
inside of lorries, nor mix with A road traffic and similar situations, I
regard my life/health as too important to risk, especially not trying to
prove some ill conceived 'right' to use the roads on an unpowered machine
with no protection from injury. Which is why I have little sympathy for
those cyclists that put themselves into danger and get hurt or killed.

Mrcheerful

Cheerfully forgetten Tony Raven[_3_] UK 23 August 5th 10 09:54 PM
Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic) D'ohBoy Techniques 50 March 7th 09 07:00 PM
Am I wrong? befallin Unicycling 8 October 8th 05 05:59 AM
The one thing that couldn't go wrong, did go wrong. Blair P. Houghton Techniques 142 August 27th 05 06:58 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did - was I wrong??? AC UK 8 April 16th 04 08:15 PM