Headsets

Old November 1st 04, 12:15 AM
NickZX6R

Default Headsets

After years without success I finally managed to wear out a headset (on
my mtb).

Having never done this before, is there a difference between road and
mtb headsets or can I use any 1-1/8 headset?

At the moment, an FSA Orbit DL for around $60 or an FSA Pig for a few
dollars more are looking ok.

Anyone got any recommendations for a headset good for mainly XC riding
and plenty of mud?

Cheers.

--
Nick

Old November 1st 04, 12:56 AM
Steve

For sixty bucks I would be looking for a headset with cartridge bearing like
VP's Slim headset (Cane Creek).
Steve @ Ideal