Red light running cyclist causes mayhem

Old April 26th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Red light running cyclist causes mayhem

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

---
IanH

Old April 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:11:07 GMT, "ian henden"
wrote:

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

Reads more like incompetent police officer causes mayhem to me.

Tim
Old April 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John B wrote:

ian henden wrote:

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

--- IanH

Tremendous. Just how can a professional driver be such a prat.

Are you referring to the policeman or Ian?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 26th 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:

John B wrote:

ian henden wrote:

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

--- IanH

Tremendous. Just how can a professional driver be such a prat.

Are you referring to the policeman or Ian?

That is very very very unfair.

As if I would have been deliberately ambiguous ;-)

John B

Old April 26th 06, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John B wrote:
Tremendous. Just how can a professional driver be such a prat.

Are you referring to the policeman or Ian?

That is very very very unfair.

I'm sorry. I apologise to the policeman ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 27th 06, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

Reads more like incompetent police officer causes mayhem to me.

Tim

In Ian's world, if you cycled into town and it rained, the headline would be
'Cyclist Spoils Weather'

Old April 27th 06, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Red light running cyclis nearly hit by police car

ian henden came up with the following;:
http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

Seems more like the policeman was simply a crap driver.

Doesn't excuse running a red light, but why would a police car chase a
cyclist? When thieves stole two of my motorbikes, they chased one, but were
told to desist because it's dangerous for the bike rider ... I got the other
motorbike back by running my Landrover into it ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old April 27th 06, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1464989

Reads more like incompetent police officer causes mayhem to me.

Tim

In Ian's world, if you cycled into town and it rained, the headline
would be 'Cyclist Spoils Weather'

Numpty police driver looses control and demolishes garden wall is better
than what happened elsewhere in Portsmouth yesterday where a motorist
was arrested after killing a 7 year old child crossing the road.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 27th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Paul - xxx wrote:

Doesn't excuse running a red light, but why would a police car chase
a cyclist?

To say nothing of how fast do you actually need to go to catch a cyclist?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 27th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Tony Raven" wrote

To say nothing of how fast do you actually need to go to catch a cyclist?

"Bemused residents looked on as the officer – in an unmarked Skoda –
careered into Geoff and Glen Long's garden wall."

insert skoda joke here

How many urc-ers to change a light bulb? Tony Raven UK 13 April 21st 06 08:14 PM
red light running p.k. UK 44 March 23rd 06 03:17 PM
Tour suggestions for Great Plains (central USA) Dave Rusin Rides 10 March 16th 06 01:44 AM
Red light running and other things on last night commute Allan UK 7 August 18th 05 09:50 PM
EverLed vs new Cateye El-500 NLee1875 Techniques 32 September 10th 04 05:55 PM