Night night trolls - sleep tight

Old December 22nd 11, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Night night trolls - sleep tight

Once again, many thanks for giving up your evenings while I earned 200
quid here at work. In fact, I don’t think I have actually done any
work at all today. Apart from a tiny bit of trollbusting (a pathetic
attempt, please up your game), I did a full shop at Sainsbury’s online
for next Tuesday’s delivery, washed and dried the clothes I keep here
at work, spent an hour voting for Mark Cavendish on 45 different phone
lines (thanks, Phil), bought some shoes and clothes on e-bay and made
a tentative touring schedule for 2013.

Oh and the shares went up 10p netting me another 500 quid and Mark
Cavendish won SPOTY, of course. Off home now for a sauna and some
beer, so do remember to get up for your 9-5 jobs tomorrow in time and
we can do it all again tomorrow evening including Xmas day when I will
get 400 quid for the shift.

Sleep tight.

PS here is the schedule – I like to plan well in advance.
Day Date City Miles
Saturday 01-Jun-13 Ferry Out 2100
Sunday 02-Jun-13 Dresden 502
Monday 03-Jun-13 Brno 227
Tuesday 04-Jun-13 Budapest 202
Wednesday05-Jun-13 Cluj Napoca 292
Thursday 06-Jun-13 Sighisoara 100
Friday 07-Jun-13 Chisinau 332
Saturday 08-Jun-13 Chisinau 0
Sunday 09-Jun-13 Chernivtsi 201
Monday 10-Jun-13 Zhytomyr 265
Tuesday 11-Jun-13 Kiev 87
Wednesday12-Jun-13 Kiev 0
Thursday 13-Jun-13 Kiev 0
Friday 14-Jun-13 Gomel 171
Saturday 15-Jun-13 Minsk 192
Sunday 16-Jun-13 Minsk 0
Monday 17-Jun-13 Minsk 0
Tuesday 18-Jun-13 Vilnius 116
Wednesday19-Jun-13 Gdansk 346
Thursday 20-Jun-13 Berlin 312
Friday 21-Jun-13 Wageningen 380
Saturday 22-Jun-13 Ferry In 0800 72
Sunday 23-Jun-13 Home

--
Simon Mason
Old December 22nd 11, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:08:55 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

Once again, many thanks for giving up your evenings while I earned 200
quid here at work. In fact, I don’t think I have actually done any
work at all today. Apart from a tiny bit of trollbusting (a pathetic
attempt, please up your game), I did a full shop at Sainsbury’s online
for next Tuesday’s delivery, washed and dried the clothes I keep here
at work, spent an hour voting for Mark Cavendish on 45 different phone
lines (thanks, Phil), bought some shoes and clothes on e-bay and made
a tentative touring schedule for 2013.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Old December 23rd 11, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 22, 10:08*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:30:27 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

[...]

Belarus is a grim place - a bit like North Korea from what I have
heard.
Old December 23rd 11, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 6:48*am, Tom Crispin wrote:

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

Belarus is a grim place - a bit like North Korea from what I have
heard.- Hide quoted text -

I will have to visit it sometime as I have only got Portugal, Andorra,
Monaco, Greece, Turkey, Russia and Belarus to go and then I will have
bagged every mainland European country.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:52:43 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Dec 23, 6:48*am, Tom Crispin wrote:

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

Belarus is a grim place - a bit like North Korea from what I have
heard.- Hide quoted text -

I will have to visit it sometime as I have only got Portugal, Andorra,
Monaco, Greece, Turkey, Russia and Belarus to go and then I will have
bagged every mainland European country.

I've done Andorra, Greece and Russia - but have neglected nearly all
Scandinavian countries.
Old December 23rd 11, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:
On Dec 22, 10:08*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

Talking to yourself again.

That's odd - I thought that you were rolling in money.

Old December 23rd 11, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_11_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Dec 23, 6:48 am, Tom Crispin wrote:

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

Belarus is a grim place - a bit like North Korea from what I have
heard.- Hide quoted text -

I will have to visit it sometime
===========================

Is there any chance you could stay there for good?

Old December 23rd 11, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
On Dec 23, 6:48*am, Tom Crispin wrote:

I just found out that two tourist visas for Belarus costs 400 quid, so
may knock it on the head until they become more tourist friendly.

Belarus is a grim place - a bit like North Korea from what I have
heard.- Hide quoted text -

I will have to visit it sometime as I have only got Portugal, Andorra,
Monaco, Greece, Turkey, Russia and Belarus to go and then I will have
bagged every mainland European country.

I've done Andorra, Greece and Russia - but have neglected nearly all
Scandinavian countries.

I only got Finland on a technicality.
The ship I was on from Tallinn to Stockholm moored at the Aland
Islands for five minutes at 0400.
Since those islands are outside the EU despite being Finnish
territory, the shops could sell duty free goods.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 4:46*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
I only got Finland on a technicality.
The ship I was on from Tallinn to Stockholm moored at the Aland
Islands for five minutes at 0400.
Since those islands are outside the EU despite being Finnish
territory, the shops could sell duty free goods.

I'm not sure you can claim Finland as a "mainland European country" if
you've only called at a dependent island.
It's a bit like claiming France because your ship called in
Martinique, The Netherlands after a visit to Aruba, or Portugal after
a mid-Atlantic refueling stop in Corvo!- Hide quoted text -

Ah well.

I was toying with the idea of driving to Tromso in 2014 anyway, so I
might come back through Finland and bag Russia/Kaliningrad on the way
back. Thanks for the idea.

--
Simon Mason