Police plan to use stop and search at Royal Wedding.

Old April 18th 11, 05:10 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Police plan to use stop and search at Royal Wedding.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:32:05 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 17/04/2011 07:35, Doug wrote:
Yet more police and State provocation?

Its called maintaining public order you idiot.

It is indeed a very great honour to be idiotted by the Meds.

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.
Old April 18th 11, 06:51 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 17, 5:51*pm, JNugent wrote:
Doug wrote:
Yet more police and State provocation? Presumably they will be
stopping and searching innocent people in the process, while using
anti-terror laws as an excuse? Critical Mass happens to coincide
with the Wedding day so it can expect that its right to pass and
repass on public roads in Central London to be severely curtailed
by this totally disproportionate wedding demonstration...

"Wedding demonstration"?

What is being demonstrated?

The insidiousness of an oligarchical Royalty in what purports to be a
democracy? Or, an exploitative use of populist celebrity worship to
attempt to reinforce the status of a declining royalty?

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
One person's democracy is another person's oligarchy,
where rights are replaced by concessions.
Old April 18th 11, 06:54 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 17, 6:33*pm, Maria wrote:
On 17/04/2011 07:35, Doug wrote:

Yet more police and State provocation? Presumably they will be
stopping and searching innocent people in the process, while using
anti-terror laws as an excuse? Critical Mass happens to coincide with
the Wedding day so it can expect that its right to pass and repass on
public roads in Central London to be severely curtailed by this
totally disproportionate wedding demonstration, which is bound to
cause annoyance to many who have no choice in the matter and whose
right to go about their daily business will be severely curtailed.

What the police seem to forget is that State events such as this are
an affront to all anti-authoritarians, who demand their right to
protest politically against them without the police intervening and
causing trouble.

"...The Met plans to use stop-and-search powers and snatch squads to
prevent trouble at the wedding on April 29. "We will not tolerate
troublemakers who set out with the sole intention of causing disorder
and committing crime," said a police spokeswoman. "Officers will
respond swiftly to anyone seeking to mar this day of national
celebration..."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-anarchists-pl...

Maybe if MAC hadn't threatened to do something on the Royal Wedding day,
it would not be necessary.

http://www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com/

You have a point but it should be easy for the cops to contain and
isolate them without kettling and penalising peaceful protesters.

-- .
Old April 18th 11, 06:59 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 17, 7:27*pm, Mike P wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:41:50 -0700, Doug wibbled:

On Apr 17, 9:54*am, "Norman Wells" wrote:
Doug wrote:
Yet more police and State provocation? Presumably they will be
stopping and searching innocent people in the process, while using
anti-terror laws as an excuse? Critical Mass happens to coincide with
the Wedding day so it can expect that its right to pass and repass on
public roads in Central London to be severely curtailed by this
totally disproportionate wedding demonstration, which is bound to
cause annoyance to many who have no choice in the matter and whose
right to go about their daily business will be severely curtailed.

What 'daily business' is it that Critical Mass do exactly, Doug?

You seem confused, Norman. I was of course referring to the daily
business of ALL road users in London during the Royal Wedding event and
including the business of CM's customarily held procession on the last
Friday of every month, which it has been holding for the last 17years
and which the Royal Wedding happens to be intruding upon with the aid of
the police.

Doug, you have said many times in the past that the CM route is not
planned in advance

How, therefore, can the Wedding interfere with it, given that the police
never have the knowledge of where the route is going to go?

I anticipate that the wedding will be over by the time CM starts its
ride but the police will probably still be out in force, literally
looking for trouble as usual, and the road barriers etc may not have
all been removed and impediments to traffic may still be around.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

Old April 18th 11, 07:07 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 17, 11:03*pm, NotMe wrote:
On Apr 17, 6:33*pm, Maria wrote:

On 17/04/2011 07:35, Doug wrote:

[...]

Not only MAC, but some of Dougs best friends as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...194766/Anarchi...

The Whitechapel Anarchist Group, which admitted being involved in
trouble at the first demonstration at Millbank in November, promised
the riots were “only the beginning”.

It threatened: “In order to win we need more violence on the streets.
More smashed windows, more hospitalised coppers and many more assaults
on royals.”

So Doug, we have anarchists threatening pre-meditated violence, a few
thugs trying to spoil the day for a lot of other people, and you
complain that the police might be trying to stop them.

From my viewpoint the Royal Wedding is an attempt to spoil the day for
anarchists, NIMBYs, drivers and cyclists in Central London and
republicans, to name just a few and I have little doubt that police,
aka State, violence will be in use against protesters

-- .
Old April 18th 11, 07:35 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

From my viewpoint the Royal Wedding is an attempt to spoil the day for
... drivers ... in Central London

That's a good thing, right?
Old April 18th 11, 07:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 18, 7:35*am, Adrian wrote:
Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

From my viewpoint the Royal Wedding is an attempt to spoil the day for
... drivers ... in Central London

That's a good thing, right?

I am attempting to look at things from your own viewpoint, which is
that all processions, such as CM and the Royal Wedding, seriously
interfere with an alleged driver's right to pass and repass while
going about his daily business.

The question for you therefore is, should all processions be banned?

Doug.
Old April 18th 11, 07:53 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

From my viewpoint the Royal Wedding is an attempt to spoil the day
for ... drivers ... in Central London

That's a good thing, right?

I am attempting to look at things from your own viewpoint

So when you said "from my viewpoint", you actually meant "from what I
perceive your viewpoint to be"?

which is that all processions, such as CM and the Royal Wedding,
seriously interfere with an alleged driver's right to pass and repass
while going about his daily business.

The question for you therefore is, should all processions be banned?

No, but they SHOULD liase with the police, local authority etc to ensure
that disruption is both minimised and well managed.

Somehow, I suspect the Royal Wedding organisers - despite it being a far
more "customary procession" than CM - are doing precisely that, don't you?
Old April 18th 11, 08:39 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

"Doug" wrote in message

I am attempting to look at things from your own viewpoint, which is
that all processions, such as CM and the Royal Wedding, seriously
interfere with an alleged driver's right to pass and repass while
going about his daily business.

In much the same way as a mass of cycling protesters?
I assume when protesters impede traffic it is a different thing from a
wedding or procession?

Andy

Old April 18th 11, 08:51 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

"AndyW" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

In much the same way as a mass of cycling protesters? I assume when
protesters impede traffic it is a different thing from a wedding or
procession?

No, no, no. When protesters impede everybody else, it IS a procession.
One that - apparently - is as customary as a Royal Wedding. More so,
probably, since the Royal Wedding organisers don't feel they have carte
blanche to just do it, ignoring any liaison with the police or local
authority.

Clearly more so, too, than the Lord Mayor's Parade - which has been
happening every year since 1535.