Cyclist assaults and kills dooring motorist

Old February 15th 12, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist assaults and kills dooring motorist

On 15/02/2012 07:51, Simon Mason wrote:
On Feb 14, 2:31 pm,
wrote:

No such thing as road tax as has already been explained to you. Any
zero emission vehicle is exempt from VED, whether it's a bike or a
car.

Your ignorance and stupidity are breathtaking.

You have Cheerless down to a tee.
Anyway, I am glad that he has resurfaced from the swamp as his granny
killing truck driver hero is about to be tried.

Have you heard about the grandad-killing lycra lout who failed to check that
the road was clear before overtaking??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01c99p8/Death_Unexplained_Episode_2/
Old February 15th 12, 09:06 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:23:46 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

The cyclists are not blameless. They chose to use a child's toy as
transport.

I love my child's toy. It is a very viable convenient useful means of
transport.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old February 15th 12, 09:45 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:55:33 +0000
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed by negligent
drivers every year? Except, of course, that the drivers almost never

And those drivers run down the cyclists on purpose do they? This was not
an accident, it was a nasty attack on a guy getting out of his car by some
****ed in the head nutter and TBH it was a derisory sentence regardless of
the situation.

B2003

Old February 15th 12, 01:33 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Nkosi (ama-ecosse)[_2_]

On Feb 14, 7:14*pm, JNugent wrote:
On 14/02/2012 18:55, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:00:37 -0000, "Mr. *wrote:

*wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:32:14 -0000
*wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed by negligent
drivers every year? Except, of course, that the drivers almost never

...commit their knaveries wilfully.

Unlike that killer thug cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

A manslaughter chargeis laughable, by his actions and subsequent
flight, the thug cyclist should have been charged with murder and
promptly hung by the neck until dead.

Nkosi
Old February 15th 12, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:51:58 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Feb 14, 2:31*pm, NorthWalesYorkie
wrote:

No such thing as road tax as has already been explained to you. Any
zero emission vehicle is exempt from VED, whether it's a bike or a
car.

Your ignorance and stupidity are breathtaking.

You have Cheerless down to a tee.
Anyway, I am glad that he has resurfaced from the swamp as his granny
killing truck driver hero is about to be tried.

How is *your* police investigation getting along?

Do you think it will all be resolved at the same time as Porker's so that there
will be a joint ****-up possible?

Old February 15th 12, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:40:02 +0000, Judith wrote:

Porker's

Most of the time, the purpose of stalking is to attempt to force a
relationship with someone who is unwilling or otherwise unavailable.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old February 16th 12, 05:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed by negligent
drivers every year? Except, of course, that the drivers almost never

And those drivers run down the cyclists on purpose do they? This was not
an accident, it was a nasty attack on a guy getting out of his car by some
****ed in the head nutter and TBH it was a derisory sentence regardless of
the situation.

But it was not injuries caused by a crash and instead was an assault.
Cyclists cannot kill motorists during a crash but motorists can kill
cyclists in a crash. This anomaly needs to be addressed by law since
it means cyclists are much less dangerous and threatening than
motorists.

Even during a collision with a pedestrian it is possible for the
pedestrian to kill the cyclist.

We need new legislation and a resulting infrastructure similar to the
London Cyclist Campaign 'Go Dutch'.

"...We're calling on the 2012 mayoral candidates to pledge to make
London more liveable for everyone by making our streets as safe and
inviting for cycling as they are in Holland..."

http://lcc.org.uk/pages/key-principles

Instead of being death traps for cyclists as at present and that's
just London. What about the rest of the country?

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old February 16th 12, 08:27 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

On 16/02/2012 05:50, Doug wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:45 am, wrote:

Cyclists cannot kill motorists during a crash but motorists can kill
cyclists in a crash. This anomaly needs to be addressed by law since

Cannot?
Can you not think of any situation where a cyclist could kill someone in
a car?
Maybe causing the car to swerve to avoid? I experienced this with a
teenager hurtling down a hill and across a road causing me to swerve
into the opposite lane. Thankfully there was nothing coming but if there
were then injury or death was a possibility. (we have discussed this
before but according to you, despite the fact that he came from behind
cover at speed giving me a second at most to react it was still my fault
for travelling too fast to be able to react to a totally unusual and
unexpected occurrence.)
I know a volunteer fireman in the Scottish Borders who had to pick up
the pieces (literally) of a cyclist/car head on where the cyclist was on
the wrong side of the road and ended up mostly through the windscreen
and into the passenger's face (part of his legs were severed by the roof
and ended up on the road.) It was a clear straight road near Biggar with
a 50 or 60 mph limit. No explanation given for why he switched sides but
suicide by vehicle is not unknown down there; he has had to deal with a
suicide (note left) of a car driver vs lorry on a similar section of road.

Even during a collision with a pedestrian it is possible for the
pedestrian to kill the cyclist.

But more likely the other way round?

Andy
Old February 16th 12, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 16, 5:50*am, Doug wrote:

http://lcc.org.uk/pages/key-principles

Instead of being death traps for cyclists as at present and that's
just London. What about the rest of the country?

Safe as houses up here, Doug.
One bust collarbone in 80000 miles and I am as fit as a fiddle.
You can't beat it :-0

--
Simon Mason
Old February 16th 12, 03:19 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:27:51 +0000, AndyW wrote:

Cyclists cannot kill motorists during a crash but motorists can kill
cyclists in a crash. This anomaly needs to be addressed by law since

Cannot?
Can you not think of any situation where a cyclist could kill someone in
a car?

Only hypothetical examples. Cars and bikes have been on the same roads
for over a century, I can't recall any cited instances of it
happening, so "can't" seems close enough for informal debate.

Even during a collision with a pedestrian it is possible for the
pedestrian to kill the cyclist.

But more likely the other way round?

The stats clearly show that cyclists are usually not the authors of
their own misfortune while pedestrians are, but I'm not aware of any
stats that support any apportionment of relative risk.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed