deleting an account

Old December 17th 03, 06:41 PM
uni-2-death

Default deleting an account

how do i delete an account?

--
uni-2-death - dazed and confused unicyclist

life's a garden... DIG IT

uni-2-death's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4170

Old December 17th 03, 07:56 PM
phil

I don't think you can; if you could delete an account the database would
"go all weird", as it were, because there would be posts without a
poster, as it were. An administrator might be able to do it, depending
on how the forum works...

Rest assured a user takes up very little server space, and your posts
will be around for future generations to learn from. Ah, karmic
goodness.

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old December 17th 03, 08:05 PM
uni-2-death

well uni-2-death is my first account... and when i log into my other
account (not uni-2-death) when i post it still puts me down as
uni-2-death not my other account, so i was thinking if i delete it.. it
cant

confusing? lol

Old December 18th 03, 12:26 AM
Dirtsurfer

Try deleteing all your cookies and temp files then log back in under
your other name.

--
Dirtsurfer - Singlewheel/Singletrack

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Gandalf the gray
Dirtsurfer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352

Old December 18th 03, 09:05 AM
duaner

uni-2-death wrote:
*well uni-2-death is my first account... and when i log into my other
account (not uni-2-death) when i post it still puts me down as
uni-2-death not my other account, so i was thinking if i delete it..
it cant

confusing? lol *

I ran into the same kind of thing.
There are two different logins: one available on the "forums" page and
one on the "home" page. From my experimentation the two logins are
partially linked and partially _not_ linked.

I forget what I finally came up with. Try various orderings of logging
out from the "forums" page before or after "Log in as different user" on
the "home" page.

--
duaner - -

duaner.