SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 12th 18, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-11 22:28, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:55:14 -0700, Joerg wrote:

I have panniers mounted permanently and they have a cross-canvas that
catches mud on the road bike.

My custom front paniers are like that.

Custom, wow! Mine are ordinary Nashbar editions.

Shower caps are good for that. Either pick one up from Walmart or
similar or the free ones from motel/hotel. Just pack it in a side
pocket on the handlbar bag or pocket in a pannier. Or place inside the
loo roll, which is in a plastic bag anyway.

I'd sweat profusely plus plastic gives me skin rashes.

Err, the shower cap goes over the helmet. it really just blocks up the
holes, so there is no real skin contact

Yes, good idea because that's how I use the plastic bag. Hey, I could
buy a shower cap with a mohawk style and scare the heck out of people :-)

I usually carry a
plastic bag and a rubber band. But you know how it is, looking into the
sky, nah, nothing's gonna happen today. And then it does.

That is why you want something that just sits out of the way all the time.

The shower cap over the helmet is a good idea, doesn't need a rubber band.

I use a standard Bell cycling helmet.

Buy a shower cap that fits it and give your head a new "skin". choose the
right one and give everyone else a mental lift in the foul weather. I
know from experience that "flowers' work well.

Flowers? Now that I won't do :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/