New brake pads

Old November 29th 06, 10:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Default New brake pads

After one too many exciting moments on the ride in yesterday morning
(drizzly rain, steel rims, worn-out pads, who would have thought?) I
decided to get some new brake pads.

The nearest bike shop is Cecil Walker's, so I spent $14.95 on a set of
BBB RoadStop shoes. Not only do they offer

* Durable and long-lasting rubber compound

they're also

* Formulated for optimum gripping power and minimum wear

which means

* Superior braking performance in all weather conditions

but best of all, they have

* Aerodynamic design

Hurrah! I'll no longer have my performance thwarted by the crippling
effects of wind drag on the leading edges of 1970's-era Weinmann square
edged brake pads! I'll ride like the wind! Once I get some chin putty
to smooth out the crags on the front of my noggin it'll be Tour de
France for me! ;-D

BTH
(Getting out the electric drill to lighten up the frame next!)

Old November 29th 06, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Snuffy

BT Humble Wrote:
(Getting out the electric drill to lighten up the frame next!)

{simpsons reference}
I think you need some speed holes in your bike... makes it go
faster...
{/simpsons reference}

--
Snuffy

Old November 29th 06, 11:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Snuffy wrote:
BT Humble Wrote:
(Getting out the electric drill to lighten up the frame next!)

{simpsons reference}
I think you need some speed holes in your bike... makes it go
faster...
{/simpsons reference}

*swaps electric drill for pickaxe*

BTH

Old November 30th 06, 11:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

BT Humble Wrote:

(Getting out the electric drill to lighten up the frame next!)

Try fiddling around with a Dremel for more stylish results.

--
cfsmtb

Old November 30th 06, 10:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MalP

BT Humble Wrote:

(Getting out the electric drill to lighten up the frame next!)Forget drilling the frame, you'll get at most a few hundred grams saved.

You're much better off drilling out your drink bottles which, depending
on their capacity, can save up to one kilo each. Now that's a bargain!

--
MalP

Old December 1st 06, 01:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Phillip Brown

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:43:34 -0800, BT Humble wrote:

[...]

IIRC, Larger tube diameter allows thinner tube walls. By the same
reasoning, you obviously want to make any holes you drill as large as
possible.

--

phillip brown

"**** doesn't just happen. there is always an ass-hole involved"

Brake pads... which ones? Moo Mountain Biking 0 August 16th 06 11:05 PM
Dura-Ace brake pads John McDowall Techniques 3 March 27th 05 06:27 PM
Best V-brake pads? thumbie Techniques 4 December 17th 04 04:01 PM
KoolStop Brake Pads kingsley Australia 2 October 5th 04 11:30 PM
Brake Pads Lee UK 8 February 18th 04 12:34 AM