turkey sighted (Melb)

Old August 10th 07, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Default turkey sighted (Melb)

10.30am, cnr Auburn and Burwood Rds, East Hawthorn: tradesman in white
utility makes right turn into Burwood Rd, steering one hand and blabbing
on his fricking mobile throughout manouveure. (Sorry, didn't get the
rego or trade ID)
Car making right turn into Auburn Rd flicks on his red & blue flashing
lights, hangs a U-turn and sets off in relatively leisurely pursuit. I
let out a good cheer of `Go get the *******'.
Turkey in question was obviously paying all too little attention to
facing traffic.
Unfortunately, such instant nemesis is all too rare, and such
misdemeanours all too common.
Old August 10th 07, 08:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-08-10, ray (aka Bruce)
10.30am, cnr Auburn and Burwood Rds, East Hawthorn: tradesman in white
utility makes right turn into Burwood Rd, steering one hand and blabbing
on his fricking mobile throughout manouveure. (Sorry, didn't get the
rego or trade ID)
Car making right turn into Auburn Rd flicks on his red & blue flashing
lights, hangs a U-turn and sets off in relatively leisurely pursuit. I
let out a good cheer of `Go get the *******'.
Turkey in question was obviously paying all too little attention to
facing traffic.
Unfortunately, such instant nemesis is all too rare, and such
misdemeanours all too common.

I've got a new idea for a Telstra ad during next year's TdF:

Turkey is blabbing on mobile as he swerves around the road narrowly
missing several pedestrians and hitting a chihuahua. Police pull him
up. He covers the mouthpiece, saying patiently to officer "just hold
on a minute while I finish this call". Officer yanks him up out of
the seat and throws him into the paddywagon, as he shouts "this
wouldn't happen in Australia!".

Heh. Brilliant.

--
TimC
What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?
Old August 10th 07, 08:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
coppershark[_10_]

OTOH another turkey observed riding a unicycle along Swanston St at 5PM
last night also on mobile. I think that he was riding without helmet.

He (still on phone) road across the ped crossing to Y&J, I suspect he
was going into FSS.

No wallopers in sight this time.

Mike

--
coppershark

Old August 10th 07, 10:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tallsam

On Aug 10, 5:17 pm, coppershark coppershark.2v3...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
OTOH another turkey observed riding a unicycle along Swanston St at 5PM
last night also on mobile. I think that he was riding without helmet.

He (still on phone) road across the ped crossing to Y&J, I suspect he
was going into FSS.

No wallopers in sight this time.

Mike

--
coppershark

I think I may have seen the same guy. He had a kinda hat on but it
definitely wasn't a helmet. I saw him on Chapel in Prahran.

Old August 10th 07, 12:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

TimC wrote:
I've got a new idea for a Telstra ad during next year's TdF:

Turkey is blabbing on mobile as he swerves around the road narrowly
missing several pedestrians and hitting a chihuahua. Police pull him
up. He covers the mouthpiece, saying patiently to officer "just hold
on a minute while I finish this call". Officer yanks him up out of
the seat and throws him into the paddywagon, as he shouts "this
wouldn't happen in Australia!".

Heh. Brilliant.

LOVE IT!

My wife got rear ended by a sales rep while driving our old bomb a few
years back. He was still blabbing on the phone when she went to politely
question him about what the #*!% he was doing. Luckily his company
stuffed up the insurance claim and replaced our rusted tailgate with a
brand new one. Justice.
Old August 11th 07, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Keller

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:42:45 +0000, tallsam wrote:

On Aug 10, 5:17 pm, coppershark coppershark.2v3...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
OTOH another turkey observed riding a unicycle along Swanston St at 5PM
last night also on mobile. I think that he was riding without helmet.

He (still on phone) road across the ped crossing to Y&J, I suspect he
was going into FSS.

No wallopers in sight this time.

Mike

--
coppershark

I think I may have seen the same guy. He had a kinda hat on but it
definitely wasn't a helmet. I saw him on Chapel in Prahran.

In NZ the bicycle helmet law applies only to bicycles. Therefore riders
of unicycles, tricycles etc are NOT required to wear helmets.
What is the situation in Vic?

Peter
Old August 12th 07, 10:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
coppershark[_11_]

In NZ the bicycle helmet law applies only to bicycles. Therefore
riders
of unicycles, tricycles etc are NOT required to wear helmets.
What is the situation in Vic?

Peter

OK, maybe he gets off on the helmet rap but definitely goes for being in
charge of a vehicle while using a mobile phone!

Mike

--
coppershark

Old August 12th 07, 11:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:30:22 +1000, coppershark
wrote:

of unicycles, tricycles etc are NOT required to wear helmets.
What is the situation in Vic?

in Australia, trikes can be bicycles. The others are wheeled toys, ie
not a vehicle
Old August 13th 07, 02:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"coppershark" wrote in
message ...

In NZ the bicycle helmet law applies only to bicycles. Therefore
riders
of unicycles, tricycles etc are NOT required to wear helmets.
What is the situation in Vic?

Peter

OK, maybe he gets off on the helmet rap but definitely goes for being in
charge of a vehicle while using a mobile phone!

Mike

Not in Victoria he doesn't:

Traffic - Safety Procedures

2078 Use hand held mobile phone while driving (Not to be

issued to riders of bicycles)

Old August 13th 07, 10:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
coppershark[_12_]

Resound Wrote:
"coppershark" wrote
in
message ...

Not in Victoria he doesn't:

Traffic - Safety Procedures

2078 Use hand held mobile phone while driving (Not to be

issued to riders of bicycles)

In this case you would have to assume that the law is an ass to quote
some famous person whose name I cannot recall.

Mike

Is reg 2078 Police procedure or is it in the VicRoads rules?

Mike

--
coppershark