How high did I jump?

Old March 2nd 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

Default How high did I jump?

Ok so I jumped 18" up and 13" over.

Everyone happy?

--
Joe2005

*come to the dark side* we have cookies!
Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692

Old March 2nd 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

Joe2005 wrote:
Ok so I jumped 18" up and 13" over.

Everyone happy?

yes i think so
my post was unnecessary

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old March 2nd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

Why does using math to solve real life problems make me a nerd?
18300

|Filename: boese058.gif |

Old March 3rd 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gerblefranklin

Joe2005 wrote:
Why does using math to solve real life problems make me a nerd?
18300

Because that is not a real life problem. What you are solving is called
a waste of time. You landed it, it was fun, now get over it and go ride
some more, or look around for some problems that are actually worth
solving.

A real life problem is something like:
You need to know the length of the 2x10" wood supports for the flight
of stairs that you are building. You already know the height and
horizontal offset of the stairs.
or...
You have a piston engine with a red zone of 8,000 rpm. You need to know
the maximum acceleration of the piston at any time in order to
calculate the minimum gas pressure in the cylinder to run the engine.
Yes, the pythagorrean theorem comes into play there.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old March 3rd 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

whats a hypontenuse?

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
Buy my wheel damnit

Old March 3rd 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

mornish wrote:
whats a hypontenuse?

Hypoteneuse /|
------ / |
/ |
/___|

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old March 3rd 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

18314

|Filename: hypotenuse.jpg |

Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old March 3rd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Chris.James wrote:
Hypoteneuse /|
------ / |
/ |
/___|

oh it wont work, the hypoteneuse is the diagonal on a triangle

Whatever that is supposed to mean.

A hypotenuse of a right triangle is its largest side. Pythagorean
identity a^2 + b^2 = c^2, where c is the hypotenuse and a and b are
the two other sides. I don't know why I'm explaining this, you guys
should be able to look it up yourselves.

Edit: Jerrick beat me to it.

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old March 3rd 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Yeah, the pythagorean theorem is really basic stuff.

I dont even see how you could take the length of the hypotenuse and use
that for the height of your jump. It doesn't even make sense to use it
that way.

Old March 3rd 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

You could measure the jump with your hypothenuse and its angle with the
ground, except it's a bit silly and overcomplicated.

high jump rec kris.lee Unicycling 12 July 30th 06 11:33 PM
high jump rec tomtrevor Unicycling 0 July 30th 06 09:59 AM
High jump equipment fexnix Unicycling 5 May 31st 06 05:46 PM
Best way to jump high? pete66 Unicycling 22 June 12th 04 12:39 AM
How-To Jump high m_extreme_uni Unicycling 33 November 19th 03 02:47 AM