Another bike theft

Old October 21st 05, 09:58 PM
Cliff

Default Another bike theft

I had my Marin commuter bike stolen from work a week gone Wednesday. It was
locked up in a security cage set into in a building at work. Some toe rag
came on site cropped the lock off the door and pinched mine and a mates
bike.

I called my home contents insurance company expecting the usual 'Bikes
aren't covered away from home' saga but surprise surprise they said yes you
are covered, how much was it worth and what else was stolen with it, which
included lights I had just fitted the day before and my helmet and gloves
which were hung on the handle bars.

Within 15 minutes of putting the phone down Wheelies of Swansea phoned me
and to cut a long story short by the following Monday (5 Days) I had a nice
new shiny MTB delivered and the insurance company sent me a cheque for £93
for the helmet and gloves.

I bought a more expensive bike and paid the difference, less 22% discount.

As promoting commercial businesses is not allowed on this newsgroup I can't
say which insurance company it was but "Never in the field of human conflict
has so much been owed by so many to so few etc etc".

Even so I miss my Marin, this would have been my second year commuting on
it, it fitted me nicely, like a pair of favourite slippers. If I get hold of
the scum bags who stole it I will castrate them.

Remove my Bra to reply

Old October 21st 05, 10:26 PM
George Styles

Glad to hear the insurance paid up... just got my replacement today,
although 5 days is very good

Old October 21st 05, 11:19 PM
Jon_H

Five days is pretty quick, I had my bike stolen at the beginning of
september and it took them a month to cough up.

cheers
Jon_H

Old October 21st 05, 11:37 PM
Danny Colyer

Cliff wrote:
As promoting commercial businesses is not allowed on this newsgroup I can't
say which insurance company it was but "Never in the field of human conflict
has so much been owed by so many to so few etc etc".

Promoting your own commercial business tends to be frowned upon, but
when an insurance company provides good service that's something people
want to know about. Go on, then, who was it?

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Old October 22nd 05, 12:42 AM
rob

give the the dog a phone
winston
former pm
sick place of worship

Old October 22nd 05, 12:53 AM
elyob

Cycle more, I'm not taking your bra off.

Old October 22nd 05, 11:21 PM
Cliff

"rob" wrote in message
give the the dog a phone
winston
former pm
sick place of worship

That's the one
I couldn't have a chauffeur called Les though but he couldn't see the
beautiful view.

Old October 24th 05, 12:27 AM
Alexander Rice

Danny Colyer wrote:
Cliff wrote:

As promoting commercial businesses is not allowed on this newsgroup I
can't say which insurance company it was but "Never in the field of
human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few etc etc".

Promoting your own commercial business tends to be frowned upon, but
when an insurance company provides good service that's something people
want to know about. Go on, then, who was it?

Oh come on, surely you got the quotation reference from everyones's
favourite pug-faced prime minister!

My personal favourite (paraphrased somewhat) was his altercation with
Bessie Braddock, a Labour MP.

BB: "Mr Churchill, you are drunk!"
WC: "Madam, you are ugly; but tomorrow I shall be sober"

or with Lady Astor

LA : "Winston, if you were my husband I'd posion your tea"
WC : "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Alex

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 03:10 AM
Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM