kickstand recommendations?

Old January 25th 05, 05:22 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default kickstand recommendations?

Looking for kickstand recommendations for road bike with upright handlebars
700c rims.
Comments on the Greenfield rear stay mount?
Comments on the ESGE Pletscher Double Legged stand?
Thanks,
-tom

Old January 25th 05, 05:54 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:22:41 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
may have said:

Looking for kickstand recommendations for road bike with upright handlebars
700c rims.
Comments on the Greenfield rear stay mount?

If there isn't room for the regular Greenlee one-legger between the BB
and the rear wheel, then this is sometimes an acceptable substitute.
It has no advantages that I have been able to see over the regular one
otherwise, and has the decided disadvantages of providing a snaggable
froward-facing leg, and having its leg in a spot that's more likely to
be a trip hazard (and less effective at keeping the bike upright in my
experience) than the conventional-location unit.

Comments on the ESGE Pletscher Double Legged stand?

Is it long enough? I've never installed one, and I know that it has
to be trimmed when used on some 'bents, but it looks like it may be a
bit short of the mark on a bike that wears 700c rims if the BB is as
high as many in that class tend to be.

If there's room for the $50 ESGE, then there's room for the cheaper,
more common one-leg Greenlee as well. For a 700c bike, get the longer
of the two models; you might have to shorten it a bit, but it'll
probably be about right as-is.