Turner, so errm you know that horst link we said was invaluable

Old September 30th 05, 10:09 AM
spademan o---[) *

Default Turner, so errm you know that horst link we said was invaluable

well we've had a rethink...
http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html

Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
Turner.
Steve.

Old September 30th 05, 06:48 PM
G.T.

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...
well we've had a rethink...
http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html

Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
Turner.

By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP crap.
I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
Turner's new setup so no biggie.

Greg

Old September 30th 05, 10:35 PM
G.T.

wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:
"spademan o---[) *" wrote in

message
oups.com...
well we've had a rethink...
http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html

Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
Turner.

By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP

crap.
I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
Turner's new setup so no biggie.

Greg

Why the switch?

It won't be for a very long time unless I win the lottery so by that time it
may be something other than the Ventana. But right now I would get the
Ventana X-5 over my current Turner 5 Spot because of the better top-tube
junk clearance, pivot bearings, and a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Greg

Old October 3rd 05, 03:24 PM
Craig Brossman

G.T. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in

message

egroups.com...

well we've had a rethink...
http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html

Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
Turner.

By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP

crap.

I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
Turner's new setup so no biggie.

Greg

Why the switch?

It won't be for a very long time unless I win the lottery so by that time it
may be something other than the Ventana. But right now I would get the
Ventana X-5 over my current Turner 5 Spot because of the better top-tube
junk clearance, pivot bearings, and a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Greg

Greg,
I love my Ventana and was under similar influence as you when I bought
it. I can't compare it to the Turner because I have no experience with
that ride, but the El Saltamontes is all he promised it would be

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.
Old October 4th 05, 01:29 AM
(PeteCresswell)

Per Chris Phillipo:
Is the title of the video "How to move the horst link to an area that
doesn't infringe on Specialized's patent."? I would like to know why
there is no orange derailleur hanger in the comparison.

Which begs the question: has anybody heard how iDrive's infringement suit
against Maverick came out?
--
PeteCresswell
Old October 4th 05, 08:55 AM
spademan o---[) *

A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
replacement another Turner will be top of the list.

Old October 8th 05, 01:27 AM
G.T.

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...
A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
replacement another Turner will be top of the list.

I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about a
replacement.

Greg

Old October 12th 05, 01:53 PM
Craig Brossman

G.T. wrote:
"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...

A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
replacement another Turner will be top of the list.

I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about a
replacement.

Greg

I was just thinking about this last evening while cleaning and lubing.
My Ventana has 2 hard years on it, one or two scratches , several
derailure hangers, and is riding great. No thoughts of replacement
anytime soon.
I love the way the bike rides, it fits my style, or lack-there-of.
Do I have to ride this forever? Can I get it repainted at some point in
time? Is it is poor taste to replace the head badge?

Next time I'm buying a Tomac, my buddies who have ridden them get a new
bike every year.

Old October 12th 05, 04:24 PM

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Chris Phillipo:
Is the title of the video "How to move the horst link to an area that
doesn't infringe on Specialized's patent."? I would like to know why
there is no orange derailleur hanger in the comparison.

Which begs the question: has anybody heard how iDrive's infringement suit
against Maverick came out?
--
PeteCresswell

From the pages of Bicycle Retailer

JULY 02, 2004 -- MADISON, WI (BRAIN)--Maverick American, Pacific Cycle
and Trek Bicycle amicably resolved their lawsuits concerning claims of
patent infringement.

In the lawsuits, Pacific alleged that Maverick's ML7 and Trek's Klein
Palomino infringe its patent, "Bicycle with Crank Assembly Suspension
System." In turn, Trek claimed that Pacific's I-Drive bicycles infringe
its patent, "Suspension System for a Bicycle Having a Y Shaped Frame."

Under the settlement, Pacific licensed the use of its patent to
Maverick for use on its ML7 frame and to Trek for use on Klein's
Palomino. Trek also agreed to license its Y-shaped frame patent to
Pacific.

All parties stated, in a press release, that they agreed to provide no
further public comment. The royalty rate and other terms of the
licenses are confidential, the press release said.