keeping feet warm?

Old February 8th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default keeping feet warm?

I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
Any recommendations?

SW

Old February 8th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve W wrote:
I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!

Oh. I read the subject and opened it up, all ready to say "get a 'bent,
the soles of your shoes are more windproof than the uppers!", but I see
that won't be much help... Even with the cleat recess to thin things
off a bit I've never really had the problems on the 'bent that I used to
get on the wedgie.

Maybe go down the avenue of warmer leggings so the blood hasn't lost so
much warming effect by the time it gets down to your feet? Or a fairing
is another possibility, and that'll keep the rain off too.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old February 8th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Seems to be that the blood circulation in the old feet isn't as good when
I'm on the 'bent so they get colder quicker. Got myself a Streamer but I
find it physiologically restricting!! So I only use it in the worst weather
and I have just removed it last night!! The 'bent is already heavy (ICE
Classic NT) so with the fairing it "feels" really heavy. The 'bent feels so
much better without the fairing that I was hoping to find another solution.

SW

Old February 8th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter Clinch wrote:
Oh. I read the subject and opened it up, all ready to say "get a 'bent,
the soles of your shoes are more windproof than the uppers!", but I see
that won't be much help... Even with the cleat recess to thin things
off a bit I've never really had the problems on the 'bent that I used to
get on the wedgie.

LOL, I remember people commenting on my SPD sandals on the Dun Run
"Your feet must be freezing in those". No, they were nicely shielded
from the wind by the soles. I was fairly toasty most of the way there,
unlike at the end when I felt the need to employ a bubblewrap emergency
blanket.

Old February 8th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve W wrote:
I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
Any recommendations?

SW

Do you wear a hat? I find that makes all the difference to cold hands
and feet, plus I tend to dress more warmly than most people since I
don't like being cold and I haven't got much natural insulation.

Old February 9th 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Steve W" wrote in message
definatly do wear a hat cos i got no hair!!!

SW

"LSMike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Steve W wrote:
I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on

the
'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF
are
open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
Any recommendations?

SW

Do you wear a hat? I find that makes all the difference to cold hands
and feet, plus I tend to dress more warmly than most people since I
don't like being cold and I haven't got much natural insulation.

fill the space left around the cleat slots with bathroom sealant as their is
probably only a sticker and the insole to stop the cold air.

cheers
Jon_H

Old February 9th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve W wrote:
I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on
the 'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the
DF are open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the
,bent!!
Any recommendations?

SW

I haven't tried this, but a contributor to our local cycle mag recommends
Walkers Crisps.
Buy 2 bags, throw the crisps away, wear the bags inside your shoes.
--

Martin Bulmer

Old February 9th 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Buy 2 bags, throw the crisps away, wear the bags inside your shoes.

Genius, but there's something very wrong with that advice.
Old February 10th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Mark Thompson wrote:
Buy 2 bags, throw the crisps away, wear the bags inside your shoes.

Genius, but there's something very wrong with that advice.

It's because they're not Seabrook's.

--
Ambrose

Cold weather riding and keeping head warm while wearing a helmet DOOH General 13 December 17th 05 12:56 AM
Short fat feet Danny Colyer UK 10 June 11th 05 10:53 PM
sugarloaf gradient lupson Techniques 74 September 15th 04 08:22 PM
keep the old feet warm need some help. Steve Knight General 21 November 5th 03 05:29 AM
These shoes are rank Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli General 7 September 9th 03 08:29 PM